Need place to board my gsd please help:( - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #61 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiakp View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you are somewhere even nicer now! My dog is great with my kids! Sometimes he acts just like them lol! He gets excited when he sees kids of any age, he thinks it's playtime! I can't even count how many times I've gone into my kids rooms because I hear them jumping on the bed, and in the thick of it is mr. Apache himself, tongue hanging out in excitement, tail wagging furiously, on the bed with the kids! They are such a misunderstood breed! And that unauthorized occupants thing threw me off as well! I had to sit there scratching my head for a minute. It's like, did she mean to mark the one below it, or is she treating this as an unauthorized human being?! Yeah I have no idea what's up with that lol unless she's talking about one of my kids.
I've been here a year now... my best friend bought the trailer... LOL! and I'm in one of her rentals... she loves my dogs, she used to babysit for me when I was breeding Shepherds (with my younger 4 kids...LOL! again!). I had a litter in the kitchen... and 4 little kids running rampant She was Shepherdized by me a long time ago
But seriously... unauthorized occupant, A DOG? I'd argue that one... I wish you the best of luck. That sucks!
I lost a large deposit in Colorado on a mobile home... a mngt company took my money, and promised to get us into a place, only to find out every park they worked with banned shepherds. They would not refund the deposit, and I wouldn't get rid of my dog. That dog went to EVERY showing with us. EVERY appointment at the mngt office. She was the most perfectly behaved dog ON EARTH, I am not joking. The only one that would consider her, she was AN INCH too tall. (I stacked her LOW for the measurement...) It ended badly. I lost over 5k. Live and learn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #62 (permalink)

I just found that under one of the websites too, and also see that they have changed owners, which was never told to us. I'm not sure if I got the dog AFTER the new owners purchased? Trying to see when it switched hands...because if that's true then the other dogs were here before mine and were grandfathered in, accept the husky below me. That dog came like a week after mine. If so then they do have every right to tell me I can't have my dog, and I can't change that all I can do is move. I do see it says that website the info was updated December 21st though. I got my dog in the beginning of December. On some websites it says nothing about a restriction, on the newly updated ones, it does say 45 lb weight limit and breed restriction. I still don't understand though why I was told only my dog isn't allowed, and not the pits or huskies or Danes.
Asiakp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #63 (permalink)

Good thing is though, we haven't signed the new lease yet. My lease from 2012 will probably be completely different from the new one, which is maybe why she waited so long to say something. Under my 2012 lease there's no pet policy. Regardless, I swallowed my pride and begged for my dog to stay. I am the only one who is getting a notice on my dog, and I really think it's best just to move. I cannot rehome him, he has done too much for me to even consider it, just by being with me. So I will keep him with me till I move, which will be very soon. Luckily I have a wonderful fiancÚ who loves this dog too, even though he isn't bonded with him like I am, he's happier because I'm happier. I guess it's no loss other than moving a little sooner than I had planned on
Asiakp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #64 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
Their website says "pets welcome". If they actually had restrictions of some kind, it would be on the lease. There's no mention of that on the lease according to the OP. Also according to the OP, the manager has no paperwork on the supposed 'breed restriction' or 'weight restriction'.
Thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #65 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
I haven't read all the replies, but enough to know you're getting suggestions just to keep the dog and go thru eviction proceedings. My concern is that if you were to be evicted it might be difficult, next to impossible, to find another place to rent.
In theory I would agree, but she's already said they found a place they can move into on the 1st, so that's just two weeks away. Even if the property owner starts the process during that time, it's nowhere near long enough for them to actually be evicted, a process that takes 4-6 weeks, according to that website.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #66 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiakp View Post
Good thing is though, we haven't signed the new lease yet. My lease from 2012 will probably be completely different from the new one, which is maybe why she waited so long to say something. Under my 2012 lease there's no pet policy. Regardless, I swallowed my pride and begged for my dog to stay. I am the only one who is getting a notice on my dog, and I really think it's best just to move. I cannot rehome him, he has done too much for me to even consider it, just by being with me. So I will keep him with me till I move, which will be very soon. Luckily I have a wonderful fiancÚ who loves this dog too, even though he isn't bonded with him like I am, he's happier because I'm happier. I guess it's no loss other than moving a little sooner than I had planned on
That's good that you haven't signed a new lease! I would explain to the manager that you are moving the 1sst of the month and would like to be able to keep your dog there for the remaining two weeks without issue. It's always better to leave on good terms. I assume you need to give notice anyways to get your deposit back?

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #67 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Ok, I called my brother (the lawyer) today. He works for the Michigan Supreme Court, etc. He said that if your lease says nothing about pets, even if they now changed their pet policy... until your lease is up there is NOTHING they can legally do to you or your pet. NOTHING. So until your lease is up you have not a thing to worry about. Until you sign a new lease with the changes, they cannot touch you. PLEASE tell this to the manager. Tell her you have a lawyer. My brother would call her if I asked him to and she'd be totally crapping her pants. I know I'm just a message on the internet, but if you want me to, I'll post the page of my brother's assignment to the biggest courts in Michigan. I almost forgot, he said to print the webpage for your apartment complex. Their site page that only says "pets welcome". Also, he said if they have nothing in writing about a pet policy (dated before now) then they have not a leg to stand on. Not that they do anyway, but it's another positive in your favor. You can actually sue her for harassment if she continues this. She CANNOT legally evict you. Period.

Last edited by Jag; 01-05-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #68 (permalink)

If it were me, I'd just keep my dog and keep my mouth shut for now, if you've already found a new place and are planning on moving. I wouldn't draw any more attention to myself. I'm not sure I agree with the lease thing. I don't think a lease has to explicitly list all of the things that *aren't* allowed in order for it to be so. The web site looks like it has a weight restriction that would rule out GSDs or any other commonly banned breeds.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #69 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I agree with that...the bottom line is that the dog isn't welcome there...think everyone would be happier if you found a place where the dog is welcome.
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
Ok, I called my brother (the lawyer) today. He works for the Michigan Supreme Court, etc. He said that if your lease says nothing about pets, even if they now changed their pet policy... until your lease is up there is NOTHING they can legally do to you or your pet. NOTHING. So until your lease is up you have not a thing to worry about. Until you sign a new lease with the changes, they cannot touch you. PLEASE tell this to the manager. Tell her you have a lawyer. My brother would call her if I asked him to and she'd be totally crapping her pants. I know I'm just a message on the internet, but if you want me to, I'll post the page of my brother's assignment to the biggest courts in Michigan. I almost forgot, he said to print the webpage for your apartment complex. Their site page that only says "pets welcome". Also, he said if they have nothing in writing about a pet policy (dated before now) then they have not a leg to stand on. Not that they do anyway, but it's another positive in your favor. You can actually sue her for harassment if she continues this. She CANNOT legally evict you. Period.
How awesome is this LOL!!! You go Jag!!!
DollBaby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.