Need place to board my gsd please help:( - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #51 (permalink)

While I agree with Jag that from what the OP says there is no legal means of getting evicted, I would caution that it might be best to avoid the eviction, legitimate or not, at all costs. It just isn't worth it to have your name attached to the eviction process at all, imo.

I do want to wish the OP good luck in dealing with this situation. Hopefully your next home will be better.
Alyalanna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #52 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

I noticed she didn't mark "unauthorized animals".

I thought the pic looked familiar! I was at those apartments at some point when I was a teen, I think.

My point was, the management company wouldn't dare file eviction proceedings, because a judge would toss it. That would open them up to being sued for harassment, etc. I hope that the OP will allow me to put her in touch with my brother. One phone call... and I'm telling you, this lady wouldn't bother you again while you're moving out.

Last edited by Jag; 01-05-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #53 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiakp View Post
On my lease there's nothing at all about pets of any kind, we just were told we would have to pay a pet deposit, but she said we could do that when we renewed our lease. So anyway today the notice was up on our door, and said aggressive dogs are not permitted and also said he was over the weight limit,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
Not so, because she CANNOT be legally evicted as there is nothing in writing in her lease, etc. that says she's in violation of her lease. This would be different if she had a lease that stated 'dog rules' or the property manager was able to hand her a list of 'banned breeds' for the premises. There is NO reason to not keep the dog while moving out. NO judge is going to grant eviction because there is nothing to be evicted for.
This is where I'm having a problem understanding ... sorry ... I hope I can explain my question to make sense.

The lease has nothing in writing about dogs/pets. So my question is there's nothing in the lease that would allow pets. Does a lease in Michigan specifically have to state NO PETS or PETS ALLOWED? If not what makes this lease a PETS ALLOWED lease?

Last edited by arycrest; 01-05-2013 at 01:47 AM.
arycrest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #54 (permalink)

Jag I would be grateful if you would call and ask! Now I am burning with curiosity to see exactly where she stands with the 'aggressive breeds.' I wonder if she will say all are banned, or if she is just going to say what she told my fiancÚ and I to our face, which is there is a complete ban on shepherds of ANY kind. Any breed with 'shepherd' attached to it's name, which is ridiculous. I honestly could not stop my mouth from dropping when she even verified a harmless breed like an Australian shepherd was banned, just because it was a shepherd. I don't think she will tell you pits are banned, too many people own those as well as huskies here. Pitbulls and husky are definitely on every 'vicious breed' list I have seen, and a lot of those lists include great Danes. My fiancÚ and I watched the lady who owns the Dane mix walking her dog, and she could not control him, he was turning on her and biting her! Not in play either, but snarling in irritation! We bot agreed we were NOT gonna go outside if that dog was being walked ever again! If it attacks it's own owner I could not trust it. I just cannot believe she told ne right to my face pitbulls and huskies are allowed but no shepherds are... I am getting mad again just thinking about it! I have NOTHING against pitbulls, but aren't they the most banned breed in the u.s? And I read statistics that in 2011 'bully breeds' were responsible for 57% of human fatalities occurring from dog attacks. I understand they face a lot of bias! I really do, and my sister has two pits that are gentle as can be. But still I feel like I am being treated like I'm too stupid to comprehend that shepherds are NOT considered the most dangerous of dog breeds! I mean I even read somewhere they are only used as police dogs because of how intelligent they are, not because they are an aggressive dog. They weren't even meant as personal protection dogs, like some other breeds that apparently ARE allowed at my complex! They are a herding breed! I know that their loyalty can get them in trouble because of their protective instincts, I just feel something isn't right when the other tenants can have pitbulls and huskies, and shepherd pitbull mixes, but I can't have my dog simply because it has the word shepherd attached! I really feel something is off...I don't know maybe I'm paranoid. I just know I've proven way more to her, and offered way more to her, than the other tenants have in regards to their dogs. Dogs who live here aren't even expected to show proof of rabies shots or licenses or anything! My landlady didn't even question me having the dog, never even cared to see it, until one of the other tenants commented on how beautiful Apache is, and said how cool it was to see a white gsd, since she had never seen one. Until another tenant brought it up, she never even asked to see the dog. And even after she put the notice on our door, SIGHT UNSEEN STILL, she didn't ask to see the dog. I'm going to be very very careful from now on that my next place does not have a problem with gsds. Me and my fiancÚ have been wanting to buy a house for awhile anyway, just haven't been motivated enough about it. We are a little nervous about the process as this will be a first for us both! So that's why we were exploring the land contract route, because this guy offered to let us rent for 6 months or a year first, and THEN if we wanted to buy, we could work out a land contract, or jus buy it outright. But I will never be in this position again. I plan on getting another gsd sometime in the future, and this is just one step closer to making that dream become a reality. I'd love to open a rescue someday, but I need way more experience first I believe. I actually have been in contact with a couple of rescues who were going to let me volunteer and learn the ropes of what goes into running a rescue, and then this came up, and now I have to worry about holding onto the dog I have for dear life! Lol wow I am getting so long winded sorry everyone! I also need to learn how to quote like you guys do so I can answer questions directly instead of you all having to sort through the books I write. Sorry!
Asiakp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #55 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Their website says "pets welcome". If they actually had restrictions of some kind, it would be on the lease. There's no mention of that on the lease according to the OP. Also according to the OP, the manager has no paperwork on the supposed 'breed restriction' or 'weight restriction'.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
Their website says "pets welcome". If they actually had restrictions of some kind, it would be on the lease. There's no mention of that on the lease according to the OP. Also according to the OP, the manager has no paperwork on the supposed 'breed restriction' or 'weight restriction'.
That's correct Jag, my lease has nothing on it about pets at all. It mentions routine things such as damages to the property, ect. But nothing about pets. Not a word about cats, dogs, hamsters, nothing. There is no official pet policy as far as I can tell because she would not show it to me. Maybe she spent the rest of the day typing one up though, and I know it's not gonna be in my favor if that's the case. The weight restriction is laughable when she readily admits she will allow other large breeds, just not shepherds. Seriously ughh... I am so frustrated by that. I haven't spoken with her enough to cause her any reason to have anything against me, so I'm really not wanting to think she's just being difficult. What am I supposed to think though?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #57 (permalink)
Master Member

Good lord. People are just crazy. Unauthorized occupant?? That's a human... could she claim that for a goldfish?? Good luck. Im in KS or I would gladly help you.
I had money in hand to buy a mobile home in a nice park when I moved here. Went to the office with Axel. He was very well behaved and all... the guy in the office told me all Shepherds were banned, and he didn't live there because he owned a Pitt, and he thought it was stupid too. The place across the street was REALLY nice. They said "OH NO! WE CAN'T HAVE HIM HERE! THERE ARE CHILDREN!" My 4 year old was crawling around between his legs the whole time It's just retarded. Breed bans
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #58 (permalink)

They don't even have a little * before the pets welcome, usually that little star means only certain pets, but it just says pets welcome, which is what I have always believed. I have been planning this and doing research for some time, I have seen enough big aggressive type breeds that I never even thought shepherds would be banned. If you ask any of the reputable breeders in Michigan, most of them I have been in contact with at some point or another, asking questions and doing research. I wasn't planning on getting one till the spring, because I believed that was when I would have the biggest variety to choose from, but this guy popped up and I could not leave him where he was. But if j had any doubt in my mind that a shepherd wasn't accepted here, I would not have got him at that point. It's just I really didn't think it would be an issue, and my landlady knew I was looking for a dog, and she never said," well don't get a shepherd!"
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedtrucker View Post
Good lord. People are just crazy. Unauthorized occupant?? That's a human... could she claim that for a goldfish?? Good luck. Im in KS or I would gladly help you.
I had money in hand to buy a mobile home in a nice park when I moved here. Went to the office with Axel. He was very well behaved and all... the guy in the office told me all Shepherds were banned, and he didn't live there because he owned a Pitt, and he thought it was stupid too. The place across the street was REALLY nice. They said "OH NO! WE CAN'T HAVE HIM HERE! THERE ARE CHILDREN!" My 4 year old was crawling around between his legs the whole time It's just retarded. Breed bans
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you are somewhere even nicer now! My dog is great with my kids! Sometimes he acts just like them lol! He gets excited when he sees kids of any age, he thinks it's playtime! I can't even count how many times I've gone into my kids rooms because I hear them jumping on the bed, and in the thick of it is mr. Apache himself, tongue hanging out in excitement, tail wagging furiously, on the bed with the kids! They are such a misunderstood breed! And that unauthorized occupants thing threw me off as well! I had to sit there scratching my head for a minute. It's like, did she mean to mark the one below it, or is she treating this as an unauthorized human being?! Yeah I have no idea what's up with that lol unless she's talking about one of my kids.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #60 (permalink)

this is what i found on there site, you may want to check out this link--it is under apartment features. Says pets are accepted *restrictions apply
weight restiction 45#. Here is the link http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...artments/87352
cthor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.