Need place to board my gsd please help:( - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

If your lease does not specifically exclude shepherds in writing, I would just keep him until you move and not pay to kennel him / put him through all those changes.

Sounds like a better rental situation. Now document EVERYTHING in regards to your deposit. (Hopefully you took photos the day you rented). Particularly the carpet etc.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #32 (permalink)

I know my vet offers boarding and now I have some friends offering to take him in, me and my fiancÚ are worried because they all have kids and dogs if their own. We aret worried about him attacking, more worried about him getting attacked. I understand my landlady may just be doing her job, but honesty there's nothing in my lease abou any breed being banned, much less shepherds, and the whole time we talked my dog was placidly sitting at her feet letting her pet him. He also let two maintenance guys pet him when they walked into the office, which surprised me because he usually shies from men, but he was putting on a good performance. We also offered to let her inspect our apartment for any stains or damages done by him, and she refused. But it's ok, I prefer for him to get boarded at a gsd savvy place, but if we are going to be out by the first of February, they can't really evict us for not having him out by the 17th can they? All I know is no place is worth it to me if my boy isn't welcome. Oh and he was kind of a rescue situation, a friend of mine went and saw him where his owners were selling him and she told me about him because she knows I would immediately want to 'save' him. He was reall skinny, refused to climb stairs, and was just filthy. I had no idea who his original breeders were. He had no papers or shots when I got him. That's the only reason I couldn't board him with his breeder. That breeder is a mystery! He also wasn't house trained, because they kept him locked in a crate all day every day, since he was too much to handle supposedly. I don't see how that is, he's the lowest drive, laziest gsd I've ever seen! He's content to lay at my feet and does a lot of moaning and groaning whenever he has to get up to go for his walks lol.
Asiakp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

A lease is a legal document. You are both held to it. How does she argue she can evict you by the 17th? Under what written authority? I would seriously talk to legal counsel.

Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Go to Welcome to MichiganLegalAid.org — Michigan Legal Aid
It has a whole section on eviction -You should read that! A lot of resource information.

You are CERTAIN the lease does not have a clause that pets are not allowed without the landlord's written consent?

Last edited by jocoyn; 01-04-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #35 (permalink)

Oh I am positive, there's not a single mention of pets AT ALL on my lease. They aren't even addressed. Twice a year she hands out fliers to all occupants letting them know it's time to inform the office of any previously unknown pets so that you can pay the pet deposit. She knew we got a dog, we told her, and she said that when we renewed the lease she would have us pay the pet deposit. But there's NOTHING in the lease about let's at all, let alone mention of a restricted breed. This landlady it feels has never liked me anyway. She's super nice to my fiancÚ but she's always habanero attitude with me. So I'm not saying it's for sure but I really feel like there's no way only shepherds are banned, they are far from being the most aggressive breed, and she got really defensive when I asked to see a copy of the pet policy. She just said it wasn't her, it was her bosses that demanded this, and then she couldn't produce a copy of the pet policy at all.
Asiakp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It's extremely hard to evict someone. My concern would be that you may be held liable for the remainder of the rents owed. Definitely look at legal consult. Take pictures of the other dogs. Demand a copy of the pet policy. I would ask how you can be held to something that was never made public and was not provided in writing to you in a timely fashion. Do you have any emails between you and the manager regarding getting a dog? Anything in writing regarding the pet deposit? Have all your ducks in a row before you move out to make sure you don't end up liable for the remaining months of the lease.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Go and read the section on eviction in Michigan. After signing the papers on the land contract -- is that where you are going to own the property? Make sure the dog IS allowed there if not and in writing.

I think what I would do is wait for the seventeenth and let her START eviction proceedings. I think the way that works in Ohio, is that after they BEGIN eviction, you have 30 days. I am NOT sure about Michigan (or even Ohio for that matter) and I don't know what that might do to your credit rating or other ramifications so you really might want to look into that really closely. But for two weeks, I don't think it is a good idea to board him anywhere. He is a puppy, and you have just started bonding with him good. Two weeks is a long time to board a dog. HIDE him. Or tell her he's just visiting. STALL.

Read all the information about it in your state, and if necessary call a lawyer and ask them what the best course would be. I agree that this is an emotional support dog. It is also a German Shepherd Dog, not an American White Shepherd or Berger Blank Suisse, In this country the AKC has the dogs listed as German Shepherd Dogs, and you put the color as white (which is listed for GSDs). If you breed two GSDs your bitch does not whelp a BBS or AWS. Sorry. It is a GSD, just a white one. I don't like the idea of lying about the breed, it just doesn't sit well with me.

Please do move. Do not threaten to move, move. They are not dog-friendly, and they will make things bad for you. If necessary, check into a motel with your dog for two weeks -- I know that can be really cost prohibitive, but I would rather do that with a puppy then to leave him with unknown kids and pets, or leave him in a bording facility.

Maybe wait a few days after the 17 to check in, to see if she starts the eviction proceeding. Just find a place where you can go if it is absolutely necessary.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Legal consult sounds like a good idea in this case because they may find something that you missed. I know that sounds a little crazy,but I've seen it happen before. If you are sure you are going to be moving out,I wouldn't bother with boarding because you are leaving anyway.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I would take a copy of your lease to an attourney and see if there is actually anything in there that would keep you from legally keeping him in your apartment.

I really don't like non-dog people very much.

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #40 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I wouldn't board the dog either and I would move as soon as possible. Hope everything works out for you
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.