German Shepherds Forum banner

What silly little thing do you absolutely love about your GSD?

5K views 48 replies 44 participants last post by  marshies 
#1 ·
Watching Hans eat some treats I just put in his bowl, I realized I love to watch his flews move as he munches :wub:

I also love the flat spot on top of his head-- perfect for laying my cheek and getting close.

These (and there are many more) melt my heart every time.

What about you?

#2 ·
The way she tells me what she wants and knows what I"m saying. If she's staring at me and barking at me and I ask her What? she runs over and tags what she wants with her nose or she'll run over and stare at it. When I say "I have to go get your food" she races for the basement door. Tell her it's time for bed, she races for the bedroom.

She is by far the smartest dog I've ever had. I think she understands more than she lets on. :wub:

#3 ·
I love the way Hondo looks at me. It is as if we share a secret between the two of us.

Sometimes when other people are in the room, he'll look over at me and wink. It's like he is in my head.

#4 ·
I'm also a big fan of the flat spot. I love how she checks in with me if I'm in a different room, even if it's just peeking her head around the corner to make sure I haven't been swallowed alive by the floor.

I also love our nightly snuggle sessions, when she has her head in my lap and lets out the biggest sigh followed by what I consider an eye roll if I move in a way that she deems unnecessary.

Their personalities continue to amaze me.

#6 ·
His intelligence, between him and Jazzy sometimes I kick myself for getting two super smart breeds at the same time. I don't think I can go back to other breeds, it's great having smart dogs you can talk to with a quick hand movement or even a head tilt and they know exactly what you mean :wild:

Also like Lilie says about Hondo, sometimes he'll just sit there and stare at me with his big brown eyes. I've never bonded so quickly with a dog, he'll be a total goofball but then will jump so quickly to just snuggle on the couch so he can get in his cuddle time :wub: He likes to give me a kiss just before snuggling, it's like his "I love you mom" kiss. He's the total package :D

#7 ·
I love Koda's multi-step process for getting attention. It always makes me giggle. :wub:
I also love to watch her play with her stuffed animals, because she thinks they're real puppies and she lines them up against her "so they can suckle."
I love her HUGE satellite ears, which seem bigger than most, and the way they crinkle when she gets bored or confused.
I loveee how when I get onto her, she grumbles back at me then looks away when I look at her. She even shakes her head when I ask if she backtalked me :wub:
There's just so much I love about her!!!

#8 · (Edited)
I love these and can relate to most of them!

I love his pricked ears. In the evening when I walk him and I see our shadows, I love to see his pointy-eared one :D I also love how his ears are part of his body language. I can tell how he feels at every moment.

I also love the "state-of-the-mama-check" he gives me every morning. He has been doing this since he was a tiny puppy. When I go get him to take him outside, he *must* give me a quick sniff to make sure I am OK before he will let my put on his collar :wub:

eta: The one time when I approached him when I was sick with a high fever, he sniffed me and looked so dismayed that I thought I must be seriously ill. Turns out he was right.

#9 ·
Ohhh I love this.

With Kya I love when she comes over and woofs me. She is not a big fan of attention but she will come over and stick her head under my hand and woof. Also when she goes out and barks at nothing then looks at me like "I swear it was there"

Milla does so many things that make me just laugh.

The shower check, even though she is asleep right outside the shower, she still has to poke her head in just in case I left by secret door.

She chews her bones or plays with her toys while laying on her back spread eagle. Makes me laugh every time.

She plops down right in the middle of the kitchen floor every time I cook.

When we walk everyday and there is something she just HAS to stop and sniff, she will sniff, look at me like "please" and then go back to sniffing intently.

I have so many. Love this thread!

#10 ·
I can be reading on my bed for an hour, I go to turn out the light and put my Nook away, and Grizz-who has been laying on the floor beside my bed the whole time, will ALWAYS give a big, huge sigh as soon as I get comfortable,like he's been waiting that whole time for me to go to sleep so he can give in.
Everytime he gives me his Check-me-out sniff, he presses in with his nose rather than just a normal old sniff.
When he licks something, he does it sooo slow. Sometimes he even sort of forgets he's licking it and his tongue hangs out not moving on said object (like his paw usually) lol
Love my GSD ;-)

#11 · (Edited)
I love the look in her eye when I get my face close to hers and tell her she did a good job or she is such a good girl. I love how smart she is, when she was little she would take my hand in her mouth and lead me to the door on a training day, now she sits in front of the door on a training day until I am ready to go, no way I can forget to take her with her sitting there:laugh: I love how she checks in to make sure everyone is still there while we are doing a search and rescue training. I love how she keeps her eyes on me if I have someone else hold her leash. Wow, I guess I love LOTS of stuff about my girl!:wub:

I love this thread. I have loved reading everyone's post, these dogs do some of the cutest things!

#12 ·
My pup is only four months and I can honestly say I've never bonded this fast with a dog before!

I love how when I go to let him out for his morning potties, he will almost always stop me in the hallway to greet me and for pets and hugs even if he's been sleeping on the floor next to me all night.

Sometimes I will just bend down and hug him and be surprised with myself how much I love this pup already... Dogs aren't supposed to like hugs but he just leans into it and licks my face.

I love how when we're out playing unleashed at the park when I call his name he will come bounding over to me with an exuberance only a puppy can have.

I love how good he is with strangers and how gentle he is already with little kids.

He has already shocked me a few times with how smart he is.

I'm thinking he's going to be that once in a lifetime dog for me and I'm glad I realize now so I can never take him for granted! :wub::wub:

#13 ·
I love the way Bear will sit in front of the credenza where I set his flirt pole and he will stare at it and then he look look over at me and then back to the flirt pole.
This will go on for about 5-10 minutes and I will ask him "Oh you want to play?"
He will get this excited look on his face like I'm going to give him a million doggie biscuits.

I also love that he knows what time I get home every day and is waiting by the door patiently for me, oh and the ridiculous noises he makes when I do get home!

I think I love just about everything about my Bear :wub:

#14 ·
I love my dog's angry yawns. When Hector doesn't get a spot on the couch/bed with me, he'll let me know he wants to come up, and if I don't make room for him, he'll lay down and yawn really loudly. I can also make him groan in his sleep by nudging him.

But yeah, I kind of love everything about him too. ;)

#15 ·
I love how Smokey probably know me better than anyone knows me. He knows when I an not feeling well also he will sit there and stare at me all day wagging his tail until I acknowledge him.

I love how chief is so expressive I swear he is part human. I can tell when he don't want to do something he will go lay down do a huge sigh groan then ujust let his head fall to the floor also when I talk to him he tilts his head then will grown/howl as if he understands and is talking back. It just cracks me up.

I love everything about both of them.

#16 ·
I love how Ky will sigh / whine at me when she's bored, or is no longer tired. (Like right now, we just came back - an hour ago - from a 2.5 hour run at the park, in -25 with the windchill, and she's sighing / whining b/c it wasn't enough!)

I also love how she just stares at me ... waiting to see who blinks first (I always lose, no matter how hard I try!)

I love how she adores my dad. My dad was gone for a week, and he came back last Saturday ... you would have thought he'd been gone for years. She was beside herself with joy that he came back. Sunday morning, he went to get coffee, and I heard the car in the driveway, and I let her go upstairs to greet him ... she went nuts ... her whole body just vibrated, and that whining / yelping ... you're back, you're back ... it's such a joy to watch her love my dad like that ... he's the only one (other than me LOL) that she greets like that.

I love so many more things about her, but those are my faves!

#17 ·
They say you should let sleeping dogs lie... but they're just so **** cute that I often get down and give them a cuddle or play with their ears etc.

The sighs, groans, eye rolls and eventual huff as they move out of arms reach is something I will never get sick of.

#18 ·
I love that Kane "nurses" off the ears of all his stuffed babies. :wub: He has his toybox of babies with no ears. I have to sew them up when they come off.:p Also, every night when I go to feed him I put a little something extra in his food, and no matter what it is, when I put the bowl down he lets the cat come eat some of it first (thats if the cat isn't being his finicky self :rolleyes:). As soon as the cats done inspecting and sampling Kane will finally eat.:eek:

#27 ·
I love that Kane "nurses" off the ears of all his stuffed babies. :wub: He has his toybox of babies with no ears. I have to sew them up when they come off.:p
Oh my, Hector is a picker...that is the other thing. My other dogs, they get into something, it is destroyed! Totally, no joke. If it interests them, it is food or maybe food, and it is utterly obliterated and/or consumed. ;)

Hector, he's a picker. I have a lovely pair of flip-flops, light beige with a dark brown thong. Originally it had a light beige/turquoise beaded pattern on the thong, but within about 12 hours of me finding him, Hector picked those off.

My boyfriend and I are currently joking that he stole Christmas (he stole 2 stuffed Christmas-themed toys) but they're both intact...just their button vests and eyes are picked off!

#21 ·
This thread made my heart melt!! Mine is still a puppy but our bond is definitely deepening. I love how much she loves ice. I just say the word and she runs to the fridge. She'll throw it in the air for herself and chases it around the house.

I love how fast she learns things. I taught her to wait at the door before charging out yesterday and totally forgot today. I went outside and she sat and waited at the door for her "ok". It's amazing how intelligent she is.

I love the look on her face when we are training. She's panting and tired from thinking but she is SO happy it's like she's smiling. These dogs truly are bred to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#23 ·
When I go to the computer & sit down, Ben jumps on my lap with his front legs & gets a big bear hug......he sits patiently until i am settled & turn the chair towards him. Then it's on for about 30 seconds. he get very excited when i head to the computer room. He's only 45 lbs now. I figure another 5 months & it's gonna get tougher.

#24 ·
Oh man, I love these! Jax08, I can definitely relate with how nice it is being able to "communicate"... I've never had that with a dog before.

I love when he stretches into his "downward facing dog" position... it makes his face scrunch up all funny and he lets out the LOUDEST yawn. I also love how offended he acts when we throw logs onto the fire, like "hey! What are you doing with those perfectly good sticks!!". Or when I let him onto the bed (don't tell my hubby) and he stretches out so that every part of his body is in contact with me and his head is under my chin. Or his play bow and his zoomies. Or how he plays with raw eggs in the yard and then stomps on them. Or how he's SO gentle and very intrigued by my baby niece.

Basically everything. :wild:

#25 ·
When I pick up the shovel to clean up poop, he points them out; originated in his poop eating habits when I had to lean up right after them. Or dropping my slippers in his water bowl (cute but not so pleasant). He has so many more cute things. I always thought they were much more serious dogs.

#26 ·
I love Masi's enthusiasm and gusto always ready to go, I also love that she is always rightthere, her focus on me, and like jax, our ability to communicate ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.