What silly little thing do you absolutely love about your GSD? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Elite Member

This thread made my heart melt!! Mine is still a puppy but our bond is definitely deepening. I love how much she loves ice. I just say the word and she runs to the fridge. She'll throw it in the air for herself and chases it around the house.

I love how fast she learns things. I taught her to wait at the door before charging out yesterday and totally forgot today. I went outside and she sat and waited at the door for her "ok". It's amazing how intelligent she is.

I love the look on her face when we are training. She's panting and tired from thinking but she is SO happy it's like she's smiling. These dogs truly are bred to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When ever Ginger gets all excited she starts schwooshing her tail and dancing. I call it her happy dance lol and Jonas Loves to talk to himself in the mirror or anything that gives a reflection.
Loneforce is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

When I go to the computer & sit down, Ben jumps on my lap with his front legs & gets a big bear hug......he sits patiently until i am settled & turn the chair towards him. Then it's on for about 30 seconds. he get very excited when i head to the computer room. He's only 45 lbs now. I figure another 5 months & it's gonna get tougher.
Jack9211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh man, I love these! Jax08, I can definitely relate with how nice it is being able to "communicate"... I've never had that with a dog before.

I love when he stretches into his "downward facing dog" position... it makes his face scrunch up all funny and he lets out the LOUDEST yawn. I also love how offended he acts when we throw logs onto the fire, like "hey! What are you doing with those perfectly good sticks!!". Or when I let him onto the bed (don't tell my hubby) and he stretches out so that every part of his body is in contact with me and his head is under my chin. Or his play bow and his zoomies. Or how he plays with raw eggs in the yard and then stomps on them. Or how he's SO gentle and very intrigued by my baby niece.

Basically everything.
LoveEcho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Knighted Member

When I pick up the shovel to clean up poop, he points them out; originated in his poop eating habits when I had to lean up right after them. Or dropping my slippers in his water bowl (cute but not so pleasant). He has so many more cute things. I always thought they were much more serious dogs.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

I love Masi's enthusiasm and gusto always ready to go, I also love that she is always rightthere, her focus on me, and like jax, our ability to communicate ..

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunchoberrys View Post
I love that Kane "nurses" off the ears of all his stuffed babies. He has his toybox of babies with no ears. I have to sew them up when they come off.
Oh my, Hector is a picker...that is the other thing. My other dogs, they get into something, it is destroyed! Totally, no joke. If it interests them, it is food or maybe food, and it is utterly obliterated and/or consumed.

Hector, he's a picker. I have a lovely pair of flip-flops, light beige with a dark brown thong. Originally it had a light beige/turquoise beaded pattern on the thong, but within about 12 hours of me finding him, Hector picked those off.

My boyfriend and I are currently joking that he stole Christmas (he stole 2 stuffed Christmas-themed toys) but they're both intact...just their button vests and eyes are picked off!
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Abutiu "Abi"-ACD puppy and hopeful future SAR dog!
RowdyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #28 (permalink)

Everytime I go to take out the trash, major goes nuts. He loves to help me. Barking and jumping around.

GSD LVR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Member

I love the way Gus pretends to be king of the house sometimes. For example, if I'm busy doing something in another room I'll go into the bedroom and he will be laying in the bed on my side oh so comfortably, but when he hears my feet hit the carpet he gets a happy expression and jumps off.

Also, how he's always watching me. Whether it be walking into a room to check or popping an eye open from a nap to check out how I am when he hears me move. He just has a wonderful personality.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Elite Member

There are many...

I love how he plays by himself with his bone when he's bored. He picks it up, throws in the air, and chases it. Then runs around the house with it.

I love how happy he gets when hubby or I come home. He screams and jumps and runs and comes back. And of course grabs his bone.

I love how he loves to be chased in the backyard. He'll grab a rock when I'm looking, stares at me and waits for me to say "I'm gonna get You!" Then runs and runs around the yard looking at me.

I love how he understands so many words and phrases and reacts to each: "go for a walk?" "Go to the park?" "Go outside?" " Toma aguita" means drink water, "ambrosia?" My way of saying "hungry?"

I love how he tilts his head, trying so hard to understand what I'm saying.

Well, I could go on and on...

Lucky (cat) ~ Beauty (cat) ~ MuMu (cat)
Angelina03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.