What silly little thing do you absolutely love about your GSD? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

I love the look in her eye when I get my face close to hers and tell her she did a good job or she is such a good girl. I love how smart she is, when she was little she would take my hand in her mouth and lead me to the door on a training day, now she sits in front of the door on a training day until I am ready to go, no way I can forget to take her with her sitting there I love how she checks in to make sure everyone is still there while we are doing a search and rescue training. I love how she keeps her eyes on me if I have someone else hold her leash. Wow, I guess I love LOTS of stuff about my girl!

I love this thread. I have loved reading everyone's post, these dogs do some of the cutest things!

Last edited by GSD2; 01-02-2013 at 01:32 PM.
GSD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

My pup is only four months and I can honestly say I've never bonded this fast with a dog before!

I love how when I go to let him out for his morning potties, he will almost always stop me in the hallway to greet me and for pets and hugs even if he's been sleeping on the floor next to me all night.

Sometimes I will just bend down and hug him and be surprised with myself how much I love this pup already... Dogs aren't supposed to like hugs but he just leans into it and licks my face.

I love how when we're out playing unleashed at the park when I call his name he will come bounding over to me with an exuberance only a puppy can have.

I love how good he is with strangers and how gentle he is already with little kids.

He has already shocked me a few times with how smart he is.

I'm thinking he's going to be that once in a lifetime dog for me and I'm glad I realize now so I can never take him for granted!
Carriesue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I love the way Bear will sit in front of the credenza where I set his flirt pole and he will stare at it and then he look look over at me and then back to the flirt pole.
This will go on for about 5-10 minutes and I will ask him "Oh you want to play?"
He will get this excited look on his face like I'm going to give him a million doggie biscuits.

I also love that he knows what time I get home every day and is waiting by the door patiently for me, oh and the ridiculous noises he makes when I do get home!

I think I love just about everything about my Bear
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

I love my dog's angry yawns. When Hector doesn't get a spot on the couch/bed with me, he'll let me know he wants to come up, and if I don't make room for him, he'll lay down and yawn really loudly. I can also make him groan in his sleep by nudging him.

But yeah, I kind of love everything about him too.
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Abutiu "Abi"-ACD puppy and hopeful future SAR dog!
RowdyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

I love how Smokey probably know me better than anyone knows me. He knows when I an not feeling well also he will sit there and stare at me all day wagging his tail until I acknowledge him.

I love how chief is so expressive I swear he is part human. I can tell when he don't want to do something he will go lay down do a huge sigh groan then ujust let his head fall to the floor also when I talk to him he tilts his head then will grown/howl as if he understands and is talking back. It just cracks me up.

I love everything about both of them.

Chief-GSD
frillint1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

I love how Ky will sigh / whine at me when she's bored, or is no longer tired. (Like right now, we just came back - an hour ago - from a 2.5 hour run at the park, in -25 with the windchill, and she's sighing / whining b/c it wasn't enough!)

I also love how she just stares at me ... waiting to see who blinks first (I always lose, no matter how hard I try!)

I love how she adores my dad. My dad was gone for a week, and he came back last Saturday ... you would have thought he'd been gone for years. She was beside herself with joy that he came back. Sunday morning, he went to get coffee, and I heard the car in the driveway, and I let her go upstairs to greet him ... she went nuts ... her whole body just vibrated, and that whining / yelping ... you're back, you're back ... it's such a joy to watch her love my dad like that ... he's the only one (other than me LOL) that she greets like that.

I love so many more things about her, but those are my faves!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

They say you should let sleeping dogs lie... but they're just so **** cute that I often get down and give them a cuddle or play with their ears etc.

The sighs, groans, eye rolls and eventual huff as they move out of arms reach is something I will never get sick of.
Ziltoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

I love that Kane "nurses" off the ears of all his stuffed babies. He has his toybox of babies with no ears. I have to sew them up when they come off. Also, every night when I go to feed him I put a little something extra in his food, and no matter what it is, when I put the bowl down he lets the cat come eat some of it first (thats if the cat isn't being his finicky self ). As soon as the cats done inspecting and sampling Kane will finally eat.

"Kane" 2-12-09

“I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.”
Cesar Milan
bunchoberrys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

I love how Mauser is SOO gentle with the baby Chinese Cresteds and loves to play 'Uncle Mauser'.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) – Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master Member

i love when zero stares at me and is panting and if i stare back at him he stops panting and will make a small huff.
i love how he follows me from room to room and will constantly check up on me to make sure im okay.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.