Training Cesar's way..... For 6K - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

This is better! from the famous Virginia Stillwell and her organization!

"If you’re marketing savvy… you know what a strong brand can do for you—and how time-consuming and expensive it is to build one. By aligning your business with a household name like Victoria’s, you can magnify the effect of your marketing efforts."

I guess any trainer wil become a better trainer by aligning their dog training business with a famous "dog trainer" like VS.

Wonder how much THIS approach will cost?
Also wonder if there are any test/evaluations needed to align with VS - or maybe just an application fee?

Anybody know?
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Is Virginia Victoria's long lost sister?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If you consider the fact that for a lot of Cesar's clients 6K is like $6 to the rest of the world, this is actually quite a steal...
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

How many of Cesars clients would care to spend their time in a workshop? They'd rather pay to have their dogs trained, not learn how to do it on their own.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
If you consider the fact that for a lot of Cesar's clients 6K is like $6 to the rest of the world, this is actually quite a steal...
I disagree..
Many of Cesar's clients on TV, were stars, performers, etc... But I'd bet that his income stream was generated from the middle class dog owner, that looked forward to learning a few tidbits by watching his show.

So, IMO, A lot of Cesar's REAL clients would have a very hard time spending 6K on a week long workshop, not including airfare, and hotel accommodations. Very easily could be a 10K week.
Absolutely absurd, and a slap in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
How many of Cesars clients would care to spend their time in a workshop? They'd rather pay to have their dogs trained, not learn how to do it on their own.
Agree 100%.
Anthony8858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

But if there is one thing I like about Cesar is that he really does like to teach the people how to handle their dog rather than train it to listen to anybody. I don't want this thread turning into another trainer bash but from what I've seen he really only takes the bad cases to his "dog psycology center." Most other times he does train the actual owners on how to deal with issues (and I don't care if you don't agree with his method of fixing certain problems).

I don't really get why we're arguing about this. There was a thread earlier about "how much do you pay for training." The range was anywhere from $20 to $100 for a private one hour lesson. Well...Cesar's people have decided that his rate for this class is $6000, and I can guarantee it will be full. So what if those people then go out and think they can train every dog in the world? MOST dog trainers that work at petsmart believe this anyways. To me...$100 an hour sounds outrageous as well since I pay about $200 a year for training.

He's not "screwing" anyone out of their money. They know what they're paying for. If they don't like it, they'll complain about it and I'm sure we'll hear all about it on this forum.

And...I wonder what his true hourly rate is...especially if he has to fly out to see you like he does on many of his episoded (my guess is that when its on TV you get the training for free). But if he actually had to do that, you are probably paying close to $1000 for the day with him anyways.
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Is Virginia Victoria's long lost sister?
Whatever we call her, more your type evidently - so you decide what you want to refer to VS as. By either her name or a typo, she still offers the same value, don't you agree?

BTW, nice to notice that you noticed my typo!

But I noticed that you also ignored the intended question and comparison to Cesar's actual training offering.

VS just mentioned a "marketing" agreement - suggests where her real interests (and skills!) lie, don't you think?
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Like martemchik said....

Free Market principles dictate the price on something like this. Consumers can choose to pay/attend or not.

If (for example) Cesar has a 100 seat venue and chooses to market to a smaller audience for a higher $$$ amount and it works....that's his and the consumer's choice.

If he cannot garner enough people at that price he'll have to adjust.

Personally....I'm in the rent/borrow/buy used DVDs from trainers (like Micheal Ellis) price category.....
Old 12-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So what are people complaining about now? The price? Of course it would be $6,000, he's a celebrity and the course is 37 hours long, which is just a little over $160 an hour. You won't get Tiger Woods to give you golf lessons for the average going rate either.
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
So what are people complaining about now? The price? Of course it would be $6,000, he's a celebrity and the course is 37 hours long, which is just a little over $160 an hour. You won't get Tiger Woods to give you golf lessons for the average going rate either.
YES!

More of the same CM bashing, that's all...drives me nuts.
Olivers mama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.