Training Cesar's way..... For 6K - Page 14 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #131 (permalink)
Elite Member

this thread is annoying.

Seriously, who cares what someone charges for their services?
Sydney
CH Erin N Shamrock's S Hemisphere CD RN CGC
8/14/98-1/12/13

(1/3 UWP) U-CH Shamrock's Shippin Up To Boston RN CA NJ-N TT CGC "Shane" (4yrs)

"Ocean" Alabama craigslist dump (2yrs)
ShatteringGlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #132 (permalink)

This is the only Accredited School for Dog Trainers in Canada
I don't know much about these schools, but this is 3 months, 5 days a week.
Dotty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #133 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That pshhting thing is verbal correction followed with a little poke, at least as I see it, it's sort of like a 'no' followed by a correction with a pinch collar. My finace' just does the phssting thing. Which replaced the 'HEY knock it off' verbal 'correction' thing he had going previously. LOL!

It actually works with our more sensitive little aussie but not the GSDs.

Free market principles at work here. No one is being forced to pay/attend so IMHO C'est la vie..

Dreaming now....if I had 6K to spend on something dog related like this..my choice..I'd be heading to Germany/Europe. *sigh*

What with a friend of mine with a sick dog, having been laid off twice and possibly now losing her house...that $6K would make a world of difference for her in just a surviving kind of way.

C'est la vie.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
I recall seeing someone (in a dog park)attempting to calm their over rambunctious dog with non stop sshhhts . Every time he did one, the dog became even more agitated.
A few seconds later, the dog redirected his frustration on another nearby dog.

I don't know about others, but I've been to puppy class 1-3,, have over 2k posts on this forum, and I still don't know what I'm doing.

My whole point of this thread was not in any way intended to insult CM, it was more of a question of whether or not one can TRULY learn how to handle their dogs in a week.
My own personal experience tells me NO.
OTOH, if CM wants to sensationalize his celebrity status, and charge 6k for a first hand experience, that's his prerogative. However, IMO it contradicts the CM we've all grown to love. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #134 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
Or VS either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh! Heh!
Victoria's Secret?
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteringGlass View Post
this thread is annoying.

Seriously, who cares what someone charges for their services?
You're right - this thread - ANY thread about CM - always turns out "annoying" because it ALWAYS turns into the pro-CM people -vs- the anti-CM people. No real basis on either side, just a truckload of opinions that really don't mean squat.

If I haven't already - I'll make it more annoying...

Think I'll start a thread to learn more about the man. Haven't seen his show nor any DVDs. Watched VS the first year we had Ziva. Wasted $$ on ME videos - couldn't even GIVE those away, so they're in the city refuse pile somewhere...

But there ARE sub-forums here that discuss aggression, playing the "alpha" role, etc. Today's-dogs-descending-from-wolves mindset... Which makes as much sense to me as saying we should all be walking around eating bananas & swinging from trees.

There's a lot of "theories" out there - some of them even funnier than others. IMO.

And no shortage of opinions. Gosh - no wonder we had such a hard time finding a decent trainer. And don't get me started on the charlitan "animal behaviorists" in our area.

Think I'll come back as a cat in my next life. No one will tell me what to do. No baths. No silly "sit" "stay" commands. No trainers, famous or otherwise. Just eat, poop & purr.
Olivers mama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #136 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've actually made a "tsssst" noise at Bianca before but it had nothing to do with Cesar... I raised my cats from 3 weeks old and bottle fed them, so they seem to think I am a cat and that I am their actual mother, and if they are getting into something and I need to stop them quickly I will sometimes go "tssssst!" which is the closest I can get to hissing, because when "mom" hisses they will listen, and stop whatever they were doing. A few times I wasn't even thinking and I did it to Bianca, I guess I mistook her for a cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivers mama View Post
Think I'll come back as a cat in my next life. No one will tell me what to do. No baths. No silly "sit" "stay" commands. No trainers, famous or otherwise. Just eat, poop & purr.
Unless you end up coming back as a show cat, or one of these cats:

Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

Why can nobody say anything bad about Cesar? Or have mixed opinions about anything under the sun except him?
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
Why can nobody say anything bad about Cesar? Or have mixed opinions about anything under the sun except him?
I don't think anyone has said no one can say anything bad about him. What I find hilarious is that those that hate him, seek out threads about him - just so they can say how much he's an arse.

Really? Nothing else to do? What if there are people - like me - who want to learn more about ALL the famous so-called trainers? Why seek out these threads for the sole purpose of putting him down?

Actually, all the CM-haters should be paid for their services. For all they do is awaken the desire to learn about him more. I know very little about him. But I tell you what - you guys have made me want to learn more. So that I can make my OWN informed decision.

Thanks.
Olivers mama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #139 (permalink)
Banned

"Seek out"? Um, it's right here in my "active threads". I didn't have to go far...!
I don't get why he's so sacred nobody can have a differing opinion in JUST threads pertaining to him.

Or, perhaps we need to make a section just for non-CM fans to talk about how he's washed up and needs to join this century?
Except the fans would be there, then, talking about how he's the best thing since sliced bread...!
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Personally, until someone, esp. another trainer, has handled and fixed the type of dogs that CM has evidently done, perhaps they could shut up and "DO" something instead of just talking?

Give the rest of us nephytes something concrete as proof of what they have accomplished and yes, some of their failures (if they can admit it any!) as well.

For example, how many of you real critics would have even dared to take the leash of the Malumute that bit CM and was clearly shown on his TV show?

BTW, NOT ME!

Of course, everyone has a right to their own opinion - but be serious.
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.