German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   why do dogs cry after dog fights? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/196683-why-do-dogs-cry-after-dog-fights.html)

pets4life 12-19-2012 08:51 PM

why do dogs cry after dog fights?

even if they have not been bit many of them shake and cry? or hold one leg up? I have seen this many many times? Does the other dog bruise them that people just cant see?

I have seen this happen a lot. Recent was seeing 2 gsds fight. they were the same size. I have seen it happen also when 2 dobies got in a spat. Really wierd. The owners examine the dogs and the crying dog never is hurt tho?

Is it some kind of fight ritual i dont know about? lol

are they just trying to get cuddle by their owner? my dog personally never did it but she acts all hard all the time.

llombardo 12-19-2012 08:55 PM

I have never seen this. If one is hurt then it might cry. Even when my golden was a puppy and attacked, everything was quiet when the attack ended. I'd be interested in hearing why this would be, my best guess is the adrenaline is possibly still going???

pets4life 12-19-2012 08:56 PM

ive seen it about a handful of times maybe 5 or 6 its always after the fight and the dog that loses the fight. These are not dogs that get attacked its always adult dogs that usually try to fight or get in a fight and lose the fight.

Never an act of victimization usually an attacker maybe that trys to take on a dog or bugs another dog loses a fight and starts crying till the owner runs and cuddles it and then it starts shaking. Or just whines. Maybe it just a ego hurt thing?

They seem to be dogs with really high self worth.

onyx'girl 12-19-2012 08:59 PM

Onyx has laid into Kacie a couple of times and Kacie will shake and whimper. It is the adrenaline rush, I'm sure.
And yes it does hurt to get bitten, even if there is no blood shed.

Sunflowers 12-19-2012 08:59 PM

179 Attachment(s)
Where on earth are you witnessing so many dog fights?

onyx'girl 12-19-2012 09:01 PM

dogpark?

pets4life 12-19-2012 09:01 PM

Dog parks

off leash hikes

or normal areas where people are not suppose to have dogs off leash like parks

ball fields where people use their chuckit sticks

dog beaches (areas we are allowed to let our dogs swim for people who have dogs that are obesssed with water like mine)

Sunflowers 12-19-2012 09:05 PM

179 Attachment(s)
You know how when you get hurt it isn't painful, but when you stop it hurts like the dickens?
I think that's it.

pets4life 12-19-2012 09:06 PM

what happens to the lost dog tho? if there is no bite? does the stronger dog bruise it or something?

msvette2u 12-19-2012 09:08 PM

We've had fights here, well, tiffs usually. There's the typical yelping - and if one is bitten, you can't see the bruise, no. The fur covers it. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. If no actual contact/bites occurred, they usually don't hurt, no.

But have you ever seen a puppy get injured mildly (tripped or fell a little ways, like from a step) they'll scream like there's no tomorrow.
That's more of a "I want my MAMA!" shriek than anything, borne of being startled.