How much do you spend on trainers? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 02:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I charge about 21 US for private home lessons.

For IPO I don't get charged, only friendship there. Not only I get my dog worked by my helper, I stay at his place for the weekend (on a sleeping bag, but still), my friends drive me to the tracking fields and we finish with a barbecue or something called "curanto". Last time I went I paid with fresh eggs from my chickens and a pot of my oregano.

Last edited by Catu; 12-19-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #32 (permalink)

For rescues (mine are from the shelter), my club charges $40 for 8 weeks of group classes, normal price is $80 for 8 weeks, then $50 for the following year. Classes are once a week for an hour. My dogs love going and seem to know when it's wednesday night.
zekni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

I just signed up for a group 6 week course for $180 (basic obedience) and the lessons are 1:45-2 hours long. Is that good?
Switchblade906 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
I just signed up for a group 6 week course for $180 (basic obedience) and the lessons are 1:45-2 hours long. Is that good?
Depends. How good is the trainer?

Pookie, Papillon 4/17/09
Kaiser, GSD 4/14/11
Verivus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Knighted Member

For schh clubs and classes:
One charges 25$ for group lesson and 35$ for private - usually minimal ob and bitework only. seldom tracking
Another club is 15$ nonmember drop in rate, 400$/year in club dues with 2 practices/week.
75$ for small group with very nice trainer for all three phases
30$ drop in rate for another club - all 3 phases

For AKC and agility/rally/ob:
65/hr
60/hr
50/hr

Costly sport
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verivus View Post
Depends. How good is the trainer?
Dont know yet the course starts on the 10th of January.

Its at this place CLICK HERE
Switchblade906 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #37 (permalink)

If I wasn't getting my trainers license I would have to pay 175 euros so approx. 230 USD for nine, 60 minute group obedience classes. These classes are not only held at the facility, he also takes his students and hoomans out into busy situations; markets, fests, busy streets and you have one day of training in a restaurant. Dogs that need re-socializing or are scared attend separate 60 minute small (no more then 4 dogs) group classes at 35 euros. He charges 50 euros a lesson plus .70 euro cents per kilometer to meet you in your home or help you with a problem area; around horses, people in crowded places. For one-on-one training it is 40 euros.

Usually every weekend he teaches a seminar; first aid, learning body language, working with the dogs natural instincts which are 25 euros a seminar. The last Sunday of the month is reserved for wandertag or hiking day, this is my favorite time of the month. We meet up and drive to some woods or fields with good paths and let the dogs run off leash and just be dogs. There is no fee for wandertag unless you decided to go with the group out to dinner after the walk. We always start the walk off with a shot of schnapps and stop a few times along the route to drink some more. It is a great way to wear the dog out and for me to find new places to go walking with him.

I know so far I've read better prices and worse compared to this. I'm glad I am friends with the trainer and getting my trainers license so my classes are included in my payment for my license.

Mamma to Mellie (Black Cat) and Avery (GSD)
jourdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

The trainer I use, and love, charges $45 for a twelve week program, meeting once a week, for basic obedience. $40 for advanced obedience, $35 for agility or tracking.
These have been her rates for the past 10 years. She's super knowledgeable, and a great lady. The last two dogs I've taken, she's not charged me, being such a "repeat" customer, as I am. In exchange for her kindness, I make a donation to her program. She works hard, I don't feel it's right for me not to pay.
mehpenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbchottu View Post
For schh clubs and classes:
One charges 25$ for group lesson and 35$ for private - usually minimal ob and bitework only. seldom tracking
Another club is 15$ nonmember drop in rate, 400$/year in club dues with 2 practices/week.
75$ for small group with very nice trainer for all three phases
30$ drop in rate for another club - all 3 phases
I don't get the idea. It is a club, but you take "lessons" and pay for them?
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #40 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

$50/hour is what I charged when I actually teach and pretty much what the normal rate seems to be in this area. $100/6 group classes is pretty normal in the area.

Our club dues is $300/year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.