Hey LEOs-- Being pulled over with GSD in car - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I actually went to school with a guy who was arrested for impersonating a police officer. He drove the crown vic and special ordered lights he could install to make it appear to be a sneak patrol. He would try to pull people over. He even issued bogus tickets and all that. Here, we've always been told, if you're in an area and unsure if the car behind you in an actual LEO, dial 911 and tell them where you are and that you have an unmarked vehicle behind you encouraging you to pull over. They'll keep you on the line while they radio out to any LEO's who might be in the area. They will confirm or deny if there is actually a LEO attempting to pull you over. If it IS a LEO, they are supposed to stay on the line with you until you can safely pull over and they will also let the officer know your intention. Because its a matter of safety for you and the issue with unmarked vehicles (primarily), they're not supposed to ticket you for being cautious and calling in. Its different in every state but thats what we've always been told here in CO.

In terms of getting pulled over with your dog in the vehicle, windows up so your dog cant put their head out and act normal otherwise. Hands on the steering wheel until the cop is at your window and giving instructions. Pretty much common sense stuff.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #62 (permalink)
Master Member

As my "name" implies, I'm a trucker... I pulled into a scale just into LA, and they were doing random inspections... I had Axel in the truck, unrestrained. ( I would tie him in the back at time, when needed)... officer walks up to my truck, climbs the steps, and orders me to open the door. I told him I had a German Shepherd inside, who was very protective, and loose. He said "open the door" again, so I did. I was scared to death what was going to happen next, as I am sitting on my seat, and if Axel attacks, controlling him is going to be a nightmare. (Axel is somewhat unpredictable with who he likes and who he doesn't, and is downright ferocious about ppl coming near the truck...) officer completely disregards what I have said, leans over my lap to look around the truck... Axel half jumps on my lap and starts licking his face, like he just found his long lost best friend...
I was dumbfounded and in shock and still half scared to death...
Officer petted him, it was election night, ask me who I was going to vote for.. I told him I liked Romney, but wasn't getting to vote... he told me "get outta here and have a great night"... yeah, no problem, you too....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.