Why can't people look after their dogs!? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Why can't people look after their dogs!?

Its not even 8:30 am and already its been a pretty sad day for me. First, on my way to work there was a dog laying in the middle of the road with his other doggy buddy sitting by his side faithfully and looking incredibly sad. I would have stopped but there were two cop cars with their lights on surrounding them so hopefully help was on the way. Still, just seeing that made my eyes water. Then AT work (I exercise race horses at a racetrack) I was on one of my horses and this dog comes running onto the track right in front of me from the infield! Apparently there were four coyotes trying to eat him! Fortunately there were some people not on horseback, and they got him off the track but he was so scared no one could catch him. Not sure what happened to him. It just makes me so sad and mad...why would anyone abandon their dogs!? If my dog was missing I would be in a panic and do anything in my power to get him back. People can be so selfish.
GoSailGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

don't have an answer for you, but it is sad to hear of stories like this.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That is sad and dangerous as well. I wonder if theses dogs were abandoned or perhaps mistakenly let loose by a careless meter reader or kid. There was a story locally about a dog that was stolen from a back yard and then abandoned elsewhere. Luckily owner and dog were reunited.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I feel your pain! I have 2 different neighbors whose dogs ALWAYS get out... They dont do anything to fix the problem.... They will get hit by a car or something before they learn the lesson they need. It just makes me sad when I see them.

I cant stop every time I see a dog. Sometimes I do even though I know I shouldnt but last years rabies scare was more than enough to teach me my lesson.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

No idea.
I don't understand it because I am incapable of thinking that way.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narny View Post
I feel your pain! I have 2 different neighbors whose dogs ALWAYS get out... They dont do anything to fix the problem.... They will get hit by a car or something before they learn the lesson they need. It just makes me sad when I see them.

I cant stop every time I see a dog. Sometimes I do even though I know I shouldnt but last years rabies scare was more than enough to teach me my lesson.
The cat situation around here is even worse. People are always losing their cats around here and just get new ones so theres tons of cats running around. I regularly cart one little cat back to the barn area from WalMart...he seems to go there everyday.
GoSailGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.