German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Vehicle question (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/194920-vehicle-question.html)

Court 11-22-2012 09:46 PM

Vehicle question

Hi, I have three GSD's and I am looking into getting an SUV. I am looking for something large enough to hold two kennels permanently, and still have back seats for guests to ride in. However I don't want anything HUGE like a excursion.
I've looked at the Chevy Traverse and I'm still not sure the cargo area is large enough even with the 3rd row down.

Any suggestions on an SUV with the above requirements?

VegasFanNJ 11-22-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Court (Post 2636866)
Hi, I have three GSD's and I am looking into getting an SUV. I am looking for something large enough to hold two kennels permanently, and still have back seats for guests to ride in. However I don't want anything HUGE like a excursion.
I've looked at the Chevy Traverse and I'm still not sure the cargo area is large enough even with the 3rd row down.

Any suggestions on an SUV with the above requirements?

Possibly a Ford FLEX

SUV size, rides like a car. 3 rows of seats.

robk 11-22-2012 10:23 PM

Take the crates with you when you go car shopping. Buy the car that has the most space but that you also like the best. If the dealer gives you any static about putting the crates in the car, move on to another dealer. You might have to settle for a mini van. Most cross overs are not going to have the room that you are looking for. A suburban would have the room but that is going to be bigger than you are wanting.

huntergreen 11-22-2012 11:08 PM

x2 on the minivan.

readaboutdogs 11-22-2012 11:59 PM

I "wish" I'd gotten like mini van, lower to ground, over the years even my car has gotten harder for the boys to get into, as now they do not jump in like they did before, they don't really have a ramp that would snug up to a car door. Seems like even mid size cars like mine the seat are higher and less leg room that could let a dog enter easier.

FG167 11-23-2012 05:35 AM

Honda Pilot

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

DWP 11-23-2012 07:52 AM

Trans connect

Ford Transconnect (May not be spelled right) 30MPG, large cargo area, slightly ugly. Gets great reviews.

tropicalsun 11-23-2012 08:18 AM

Honda Pilot. Works great for us.

Court 11-23-2012 02:22 PM

I looked at the Honda Pilot, I love it! The size is perfect & it looks like it will hold two aluminum crates with the 2nd row still up. Does anyone have an pictures of their pilot with two kennels?

TimberGSD2 11-23-2012 02:39 PM

I have a Chevy Tahoe and keep all my equipment and kennel in it. It's not horrible on gas mileage and is comfortable.