German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   How did your dogs do?? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/194911-how-did-your-dogs-do.html)

llombardo 11-22-2012 07:42 PM

How did your dogs do??

1 Attachment(s)
Well now that we are wrapping up a very busy day..all the dogs are sleeping peacefully. This was my GSD's first Thanksgiving with us:) She was quite interested in all the cooking I did...she has never seen me cook so much. She tried smelling everything:) I had about 12 people over and the dogs behaved nicely. They get excited when they see my family, but they calm down nicely. They do follow my dad, because he feeds them(he thinks he's sneaky and I don't know this). We put the GSD in a park it on the couch and she stayed there until we called her off...it was about 1/2 hour. All in all they did good, stayed out of the way when they were suppose to and cuddle with family afterwards. I attached a picture I got of my dad with the dogs...you notice he's alone?? The rest of the family finally told him to go in the other room if he wanted to feed the dogs...he did. I was very proud the GSD stayed put on the couch.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...1&d=1353631275

Gharrissc 11-22-2012 07:56 PM

Everyone did well here. A few of our friends and family brought their dogs and everyone got along. The dogs had raw bones while we ate,but a few of them got extra snuck to them of course. After dinner we loaded all of the dogs up and took them to the lake to burn off the excess energy.It was a good time to go because nobody else was out there,but us.Considering that we had 39 people and a total 10 dogs here, everything went great.

llombardo 11-22-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gharrissc (Post 2636804)
Everyone did well here. A few of our friends and family brought their dogs and everyone got along. The dogs had raw bones while we ate,but a few of them got extra snuck to them of course. After dinner we loaded all of the dogs up and took them to the lake to burn off the excess energy.It was a good time to go because nobody else was out there,but us.Considering that we had 39 people and a total 10 dogs here, everything went great.

Very nice way to end the night. It started raining pretty hard here:( I love seeing that many dogs together and getting along.

doggiedad 11-22-2012 08:12 PM

my dog doesn't rush the kitchen when we're cooking.
pull out the ice tray, cucumber or cutting board
and he's in the kitchen with his tail wagging, mouth
open and lips smacking. did i tell you i forgot to bring
the turkey home in time for it to thaw?

llombardo 11-22-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiedad (Post 2636810)
my dog doesn't rush the kitchen when we're cooking.
pull out the ice tray, cucumber or cutting board
and he's in the kitchen with his tail wagging, mouth
open and lips smacking. did i tell you i forgot to bring
the turkey home in time for it to thaw?

Oh no, did you really forget the turkey?

doggiedad 11-22-2012 08:21 PM

yes, really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 2636812)
Oh no, did you really forget the turkey?

Sunflowers 11-22-2012 08:25 PM

Hans enjoyed the Germanic fall weather, but we are so very ready to go back to Florida.

He loved playing and taking walks in the cold, and I got a couple of really nice fall pics of him.
He spent the day air sniffing the turkey. Poor guy only got some raw, but for his evening meal we saved some good leftovers for topping his meal.
So far no ill effects from the piece if raw neck he ate this morning.
We left him at the house and went to SIL's for dinner. Waiting for 9pm so he can eat his feast, then I am going to bed early because I want it to be tomorrow sooner so I can get outta here and go back to the pool and palms!
Hope everyone had a good one !

katdog5911 11-22-2012 08:47 PM

Took Stella to my son's house (at the request of all the kids). A lot of people there, some she never met before. She did just fine (but I kept an eye on her). I think her favorite part was going outside in the yard and playing hide and seek with the kids! I did take her back home at her dinner time....we just live down the road....and she spent some quiet time at home in her crate.
When I got home, we went out in the yard for a short session of fetch.
Now we are both plopped on a couch.

Anitsisqua 11-22-2012 10:37 PM

The only one in my family that doesn't like animals is my grandmother.

So, of course, Gable followed her around all day.

He behaved himself, otherwise, but it was funny. He wanted her attention so badly.

TrickyShepherd 11-22-2012 11:03 PM

My crew did great! We drove out to my mother's house where the family was gathering. There were 16 of us... 4 being young kids. Also, a ferret and my mother's 14yr old golden retriever.

My 3 were very well behaved while out of their kennels. Everyone stayed calm and played nice with the kids! When they went in their crates while dinner was out... they were silent. You would have never known they were there! I'm very proud of them.

Lots of stressful situations for a dog, and it didn't bother them!:D