Do they think my signs dont apply to them?? - Page 9 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #81 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blehmannwa View Post
Unexpected doorbells can be terrifying if you have a loved one deployed in a war zone. In 2007 my son was in Iraq at the height of casualties, every time the doorbell rang I had a moment of sheer panic. One day I made a young man on his mission cry. Oddly enough I was very nice to him but explained in great length why his unexpected visit caused me distress and he started tearing up. I imagine that he'd already had a bad day.

I have locked gates but the meter reader always asks if the dogs are in. Havoc is very intimidating and it looks as though he could jump the fence. He can't though. He's not a jumper.
Another Havoc

Glad the deployment is over and hubby came home safe. I was there in 2006 and 2009.

We also have a electronic meter that is read from the street. We have a dog run that is inside our fenced yard. The dogs are in the run while we are at work. Both the gate to the yard and run have padlocks on them. When we moved here and asked the utility company what day they read meters so we could make sure the gate was unlocked, they offered the electronic meter. We took it and it is nice to have..

URO3, UCD Aleshanee Windridge "Kayos" CD,TDX,RE,CGC,HIC,TC (1/20/03)
UAG1,URO3, UCD Xtra!Xtra! V. TeMar "Havoc" CDX,GN,RE,CGC,HIC,TC,BH (6/4/07)
UAG1 Tidmore's Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" BN,RN,CGC, (4/4/12)

Bridge
Lucky, Wolf, Max
Kayos and Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #82 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Before I moved to Oregon, I had a guy come to my door to ask if he could have my old appliances that were sitting in the driveway. When I answered my door, I asked him 'can you read?' He gave me a dumb look and kinda stuttered looking for an answer. Then he said 'yeah' ...I said, 'I have to question that.' He asked why. I informed him that there was a sign in the gate that clearly states "Dog On Premises" and that he was extremely fortunate that my dogs were in the house with me when he came through the gate. He asked why again. I grabbed their collars, opened the door, and asked him if he really wanted to find out. He spun around and out the gate faster then I could blink, with out another word. He never came back.

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
Zisso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.