Do they think my signs dont apply to them?? - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #51 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Sunflowers... I can't see your pic...
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #52 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sounds like you did the best thing by calling the police. I would have done it the first time and I would surely do it again and videotape them coming in and video tape your no trespassing signs, too.

I have a sign for my gate that I still need to put up... it has a GSD silhouette on it and it says "Cross the line, your ass is mine"
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #53 (permalink)
Crowned Member

How about now?
Attached Thumbnails
Do they think my signs dont apply to them??-meat1.jpg  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

I very rarely get anyone that attempts to come in our yard, not even the phone company after the last time when Narys chased them over the fence.
Faust Cierna Vdova ZVV1, BH
NarysDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

I'm glad you called the police. They are not exempt from "No Trespassing" signs.

After an incident with someone who had previously lived in a rental house that I was living in, I immediately called the local police, & told them I was on the way to the hardware store to get some "No Trespassing" signs that also said "Guard Dogs On Duty".
They said that it covers me in letting others know that the dogs are there to protect my property, & it gives me more legal right if someone enters my property & gets bit by one of the dogs.
I can tell you that it cut down the number of people entering my gated yard by about 95%.
I have the signs on the front & back gates.
NWHeather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
I'm glad you filed the police report! They have NO business threatening you when they came onto your property illegally! Just look at Balen watching your boy. I'm here to tell you now, if your son was outside with Balen when someone attempts to come through that gate, someone's going to get bit! When I was 2 or 3, the standard poodle we had (who never bothered anyone) was outside with ME in our fenced yard. The meter man came in like he always did. She ripped the seat right out of his pants! They are protective of their children, and can respond very differently if their kid is in the yard with them. She had never bothered the meter man before... and no one thought about me being out in the yard at the time. Just a heads up... because Balen is SO in love with your boy.
I have no doubt that Balen would bite someone when it comes to Kolton. The one and only time he has even gotten "nasty" with someone was over Kolton. Feedback on this behavior please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
Hopefully you won't have to pursue charges further. We have JW's come to our house every now and then,but they aren't pushy. We also live in rural area even though you see houses everywhere.
I hope I dont either, but I've made up mind that I *will.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
LOL love the sign!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #57 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Love the signs! I forgot about that thread. I've changed my mind, though. I don't think it was fear at all. I think he's seriously crazy about your boy, and sees him as 'his' boy based on other posts you've made. Your dog is totally devoted to him. I think if someone opened that gate with your son out there and for some reason you weren't right there, it would be the last gate they opened.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #58 (permalink)

My entry gate is padlocked and I posted a custom made sign declaring that my property is maintained for the comfort & security of my canines and to keep out-recently added an electric wire to run the top of the perimeter fence and as my fence sit at least 15' from the black top I will be placing a electric wire on the outside. Also have signs posted to keep away from the fence and make a point of telling people I do so for the protection the dogs as I loved them and couldn't care less about them-know one comes upon my property without an invitation.
deldridge72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Elite Member

IN america dont the meter men and wire men tress pass into your yard without telling even with an aggressive dog anyway? i keep hearing about men doing stupid things like that lol
pets4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Elite Member

Unexpected doorbells can be terrifying if you have a loved one deployed in a war zone. In 2007 my son was in Iraq at the height of casualties, every time the doorbell rang I had a moment of sheer panic. One day I made a young man on his mission cry. Oddly enough I was very nice to him but explained in great length why his unexpected visit caused me distress and he started tearing up. I imagine that he'd already had a bad day.

I have locked gates but the meter reader always asks if the dogs are in. Havoc is very intimidating and it looks as though he could jump the fence. He can't though. He's not a jumper.
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.