Do they think my signs dont apply to them?? - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When anyone enters a yard with a no trespassing sign posted on their fence or gates they can be charged with criminal trespassing. Maybe it is going to take you having one or two of them arrested to get the point across to them.

I would have been very angry myself it they had invaded my space and then threaten my dog. Hope that you can get this straightened out and people start obeying signs.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master Member

I have been pretty happy with my No Soliciting sign. It pretty much covers it all. And the sign is nice and big that it can be seen from the sidewalk.

NO SOLICITING !!!!
"If you don't have an appointment or we don't know you - DO NOT DISTURB US !!!"

NO CHARITY
NO FOOD OR MENUS
NO HOME ESTIMATES
NO PETITIONS
NO POLITICAL CAUSES
NO RELIGIOUS APPEALS
NO SALESMAN

"We don't interupt your work. Don't interrupt ours !!!"
NO EXCUSES

"Kane" 2-12-09

I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.
Cesar Milan
bunchoberrys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
Elite Member

OK- I called the police, they came out and took a report. Said to call them immediately if it happens again. I'm going out this evening to get a locking cable for my gates. I'm also going to get some signs that say "Dog on Premises." That way it isnt "threatening" but alerts that there is a dog here. I talked about doing that a while ago and never got around to it. Kicking myself now.

I called the church and asked to speak to the person in charge of sending these groups out and gave them my address, told them I already filed a police report, and will pursue charges next time. It wasnt received well, but he said he understood and would "make note."

To answer some questions-No, it isnt that they are just handing out flyers that bothers me. They bang on your door and try to convert you on your front porch. They are very persistent, and you almost have to be rude to them to get them to shut up and leave. This has been an issue for months now, and sometimes it the same people that show up so they know what I'm going to say. I didnt want to be a JW last week and I still dont this week.

We dont get packages or visitors to our home very often so I'm always prepared when someone or something is due to show up.

I have done my job in making sure that my dogs cant get out of *their* yard, and bother anyone outside my fence. They should be safe in their own yard.

I attached a picture so you all can see how my yard is fenced/not fenced. It might make more sense to those who asked why they had to come in my gates. As you can see in the photo, part of my drive way, my front yard, and mail box are not fenced. If you are coming in my gates, you make an immediate left and walk up the steps to the front door.
Attached Thumbnails
Do they think my signs dont apply to them??-1-dscf2456.jpg  

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I"m glad you filed a police report. Converting is one thing, threatening is another.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #45 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've got a sign that says forget about the dog beware of the owner and has a huge gun on it those **** JW people still knock on my door. They have to open a farm gate and my house is back on acerage and still they come. I can't lock the gate because the darn meter reader needs to come in. This is reason my dogs can't go out in full yard unless we are outside with them.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
Elite Member

you go and get a heart from the store, I big ol butcher knife, gloves and an apron. Get all bloody, when they come to the door, answer it with knife in one hand, heart in the other, when they see you yell back over your shoulder "Honey! We have more guests for the ritual sacrifice!" It worked for a friend of mind and I tried it, never seen them run so fast...
I totally agree with what you did. Calling the police. They have no right to come on your property like that. But I have to admit the above post made me laugh to tears.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

I'm glad you filed the police report! They have NO business threatening you when they came onto your property illegally! Just look at Balen watching your boy. I'm here to tell you now, if your son was outside with Balen when someone attempts to come through that gate, someone's going to get bit! When I was 2 or 3, the standard poodle we had (who never bothered anyone) was outside with ME in our fenced yard. The meter man came in like he always did. She ripped the seat right out of his pants! They are protective of their children, and can respond very differently if their kid is in the yard with them. She had never bothered the meter man before... and no one thought about me being out in the yard at the time. Just a heads up... because Balen is SO in love with your boy.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hopefully you won't have to pursue charges further. We have JW's come to our house every now and then,but they aren't pushy. We also live in rural area even though you see houses everywhere.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Glad you filed the report too. I have a 'German Shepherds at Play' sign on one gate and a 'German Shepherd Crossing' sign on the other gate.

I do not like beware of dog but I also want to let folk know there are dogs.

The UPS lady is so afraid of my dogs barking when she rings the door bell that she runs up drops the package and takes off again without ringing the bell.

Door bell rings dogs bark. Does not mean they will bite and I can quiet them easily but by then UPS is gone already.

URO3,UCD Aleshanee Windridge "Kayos" CD,TDX,RE,CGC,HIC,TC
UAG1,UNN1,URO3,UCD Xtra!Xtra! V TeMar "Havoc" CDX,GN,RE,CGC,HIC,TC,BH
UAG1,URO1 Tidmores Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" BN,NA,NAJ,RN,HT,TC,CGC,

Bridge
Lucky, Wolf, Max
Kayos and Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.