lancastorpuppies a puppy mill?!?!? - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #51 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelina View Post
So I mean how can someone say all greenfield and lancastor pups are puppy mills and blah blah..m
Because they more than likely are. Most people here aren't new around dogs. This isn't their first time to the rodeo. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but... if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... You probably know the saying. This Lancaster place is the duck.

In the end... and at this point, who cares? You've got your dogs now and you realize you made the mistake of supporting a not-so-reputable breeder / puppy mill. Live and learn. You didn't know and now you do. Just do good by the dogs you have and don't make the same mistake next time around.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #52 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah I can agree to you as well. I was recommended to greenfield/lancastor pups.
But now I know the way SOME work..

This guy was selling husky pups, REALLY cheap..he sold pups at his home and he has his own Facebook page just full of the dogs.. she got spayed a couple months ago.

So I mean how can someone say all greenfield and lancastor pups are puppy mills and blah blah..m

All that matters at this point is that you are happy with your pups and hope to see some pictures of them soon
Faust Cierna Vdova ZVV1, BH
NarysDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Dog View Post
Because they more than likely are. Most people here aren't new around dogs. This isn't their first time to the rodeo. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but... if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... You probably know the saying. This Lancaster place is the duck.

In the end... and at this point, who cares? You've got your dogs now and you realize you made the mistake of supporting a not-so-reputable breeder / puppy mill. Live and learn. You didn't know and now you do. Just do good by the dogs you have and don't make the same mistake next time around.
Agreed!
kelina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarysDad View Post
All that matters at this point is that you are happy with your pups and hope to see some pictures of them soon
I have pics of them : ))!!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeahh. You are right.

These are the pups.
Nice looking pups!!

I would rather spend time with my GSD than alot of people!!!!
myshepharley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #56 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Puppy mill, BYB, either way not a reputable breeder and not someone that it is good to support...

At any rate now you know to come here if you are looking for a dog in the future so we can help you find a good breeder...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #57 (permalink)

Good breeders do not use a puppy mill broker web site to sell puppies. Typically they have a waiting list and often have all of their puppies sold before the birth or before they go home at 8 weeks. I won't use terms like "puppy mill" or "BYB" or "reputable breeder" because they all mean different things to different people. Bottom line is I personally don't pick out puppies on a puppy broker web site. I find a breeder that actually BRED the dogs and ask about their lineage, their health history (several generations back), as to meet the dogs or at least the mother, observe some training/work, etc. and then if I like what I see I get a puppy. It's not like shopping on Amazon.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Good breeders do not use a puppy mill broker web site to sell puppies. Typically they have a waiting list and often have all of their puppies sold before the birth or before they go home at 8 weeks. I won't use terms like "puppy mill" or "BYB" or "reputable breeder" because they all mean different things to different people. Bottom line is I personally don't pick out puppies on a puppy broker web site. I find a breeder that actually BRED the dogs and ask about their lineage, their health history (several generations back), as to meet the dogs or at least the mother, observe some training/work, etc. and then if I like what I see I get a puppy. It's not like shopping on Amazon.
Not all people find it necessary to look for the work of the dog.. I like my pups just the way they are. I seen their mom and I could careless about their grandmom, great grandmom.. etc.

As long as she was hip certified and I seen the record then im ok with the pup. Where would you find a breeder? Your friend? Backyard breeding?? You look online for a breeder..

But like yu said thats you and I completely respect your personal opinion.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #59 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Aside from the thousands and thousands of unwanted puppies that turn into dogs that end up in shelters then euthanized, you have to also think of the poor dogs that are "USED" to produce countless litters of puppies then disposed of as well when they have more use.
You find a "REPUTABLE" breeder by doing research and learning from people that love the breed and dogs in general.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra

Quote:
Not all people find it necessary to look for the work of the dog.. I like my pups just the way they are. I seen their mom and I could careless about their grandmom, great grandmom.. etc.
dogs are more than hips, that is only one aspect of the health of a dog. What did they die of? How long did they live? What type of temperament did they have? Were they mellow or hyper? Did they get along with children? Were they nervous around strangers? Were they protective?

There are so many aspects of what makes a GSD a GSD. I want to know what to expect of my puppy as he grows up. How fast will he grow? How long before his brain "clicks in"?

As to how to find a good breeder? Simply a matter of talking to people who own dogs that I like. Once I have some ideas, then I start interviewing the breeders and "talking dog" Why this dog with this bitch? What are the pups going to be like? Will they fit into my lifestyle? Am I a good match for this litter? etc etc etc
Dainerra is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.