lancastorpuppies a puppy mill?!?!? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Which one? This guy?

He's 1.5 years or so there. He will turn 2 soon.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbchottu View Post
Which one? This guy?

He's 1.5 years or so there. He will turn 2 soon.
OH MAN♥♥♥ gorgeous!!!!!
kelina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelina View Post
I am feeding both of them with beneficial. One is for pups and the other for adults.
Beneful is one of the worst dog foods there is. Just because it has cute commercials and a pretty picture on the bag doesn't mean it's good food!

Go to the pet supply or feed store and look for a premium kibble, there are lots to choose from, the sales staff can help you, just please feed your puppies anything other than Beneful!
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #34 (permalink)

He is nice and big! perfect German Shepherd!
maclaud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
Beneful is one of the worst dog foods there is. Just because it has cute commercials and a pretty picture on the bag doesn't mean it's good food!

Go to the pet supply or feed store and look for a premium kibble, there are lots to choose from, the sales staff can help you, just please feed your puppies anything other than Beneful!
I am. Thanks for your concerns.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #36 (permalink)

Very commonly known puppy mill.

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbchottu View Post
You didn't rescue a puppy. You bought a puppy without knowing better from a puppy mill that will likely continue producing puppies because the sellers make easy money from these litters. Next time you will know better and hopefully go through the right channels. Whether the dog is healthy or not, time will tell. At a year old, get hips/elbows done if you like. Make sure to spay/neuter or manage the dogs so you do not have any accident litters. Enjoy your dogs. It is too late now to second guess so enjoy them for what they are.
Well put.

When people buy from a puppy mill, it's not just about how great the puppies may be, or how you are saving them from the mill/pet shop.

It's about what you just supported with your MONEY. And you have now helped empty the cage for the next set of puppies.

Your money, whether you want it to or not, is supporting and promoting and making puppy mills continue because people can make money ON THE PARENT DOGS by keeping them in lives like this:

plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Everyone is just telling this young girl to get a "premium kibble" and isn't giving her price compatiable suggestions. I doubt she's going to convince daddy to buy $60 - $80 30ish lb bags of Orijen when he looks at the dogs and thinks they are fine on Beneful.

Kelina, what petstores do you have available in your area? It will help people better help you pick a good food that is not too expensive. Do you have petsmart, petco, pet supplies plus, how about tractor supply company? Google if you aren't sure. TSC (tractor supply company) and the other stores main webpages should have location finders on there where you type in your zip code and it will tell you where the nearest store is.

If you have a TSC you can shop at, I would recommend their house brand called "4 Health." It's a good food at a good price and the dogs will probably like it. You could also try Diamond Naturals, even the regular diamond would be better than Beneful and should be about the same price as Beneful.

Don't worry too much about your puppies right now. Take good care of them, love them, socialize them, obedience train them, and if problems come up in the futuer, we can help you deal with them as they come up. No sense stressing youreself out now about things that may or may not happen in a year or two.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
Everyone is just telling this young girl to get a "premium kibble" and isn't giving her price compatiable suggestions. I doubt she's going to convince daddy to buy $60 - $80 30ish lb bags of Orijen when he looks at the dogs and thinks they are fine on Beneful.

Kelina, what petstores do you have available in your area? It will help people better help you pick a good food that is not too expensive. Do you have petsmart, petco, pet supplies plus, how about tractor supply company? Google if you aren't sure. TSC (tractor supply company) and the other stores main webpages should have location finders on there where you type in your zip code and it will tell you where the nearest store is.

If you have a TSC you can shop at, I would recommend their house brand called "4 Health." It's a good food at a good price and the dogs will probably like it. You could also try Diamond Naturals, even the regular diamond would be better than Beneful and should be about the same price as Beneful.

Don't worry too much about your puppies right now. Take good care of them, love them, socialize them, obedience train them, and if problems come up in the futuer, we can help you deal with them as they come up. No sense stressing youreself out now about things that may or may not happen in a year or two.
AWE! thanks a lot. I pay for the dogs. The food, the vet etc.. but if you say so lol..

I live around a petco. Now, I was already thinking of posting some of their food , and asking which one is the best.

I can try and find a TSC around me.

Thanks a lot. I love my pups a lot.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee View Post
Well put.

When people buy from a puppy mill, it's not just about how great the puppies may be, or how you are saving them from the mill/pet shop.

It's about what you just supported with your MONEY. And you have now helped empty the cage for the next set of puppies.

Your money, whether you want it to or not, is supporting and promoting and making puppy mills continue because people can make money ON THE PARENT DOGS by keeping them in lives like this:

Nightline - Puppy Mill Capital, USA? - YouTube

Over 200 Dogs Rescued from PA Puppy Mill - YouTube

CNN Puppy Mill Show , Wayne Pacelle, Bill Smith and Carole Raphaelle Davis - YouTube
Maggie, you went beyond..

I love my pups and I am not supporting a dang puppy mill...
I am happy that my dogs are now safe and sound living with me.

The question yu should be wondering is if im going to buy another pup..
Thats a NO. I wont.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.