Worst injury caused by your dog? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

oh ouch! That's a pretty hard collision to crack a bone. Hope the swelling and bruises were gone for picture retakes!

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Just today at flyball practice Halo slammed into my thigh, head first, HARD. It's not looking bruised yet, but I expect that it will be by tomorrow. It hurt bad. She also bent back my fingernail going for her tug, and separated part of the nail from the nailbed. That smarts too! A few months ago at a flyball tournament she outed her tug, but then leaped at it again as I was putting it around my neck - she missed and got my breast instead. That was a VERY nasty purple and yellow bruise for over a month.

One time when she was younger she was so excited when I got home that when I let the dogs out of the garage pen (they have to sit and watch before I open the door), she leaped up and muzzle punched me in the face in her enthusiasm. I was pretty sure she'd broken my nose at the time, but fortunately it was just painful, not broken.

Another time I was training her at a strip mall, and again she got excited and jumped up at my face and managed to get me right in the eye. I don't know if she jammed my own eyelashes into my eye or it was her whiskers, but OMG, that hurt. I couldn't see, my eye burned and started watering, and I had to take her immediately to the car and drive home. It was hours before it started feeling better.

But what's even worse is the time that I was still in bed one morning and Tom let the dogs out of their crates, and they both ran outside to do their business and then came back in. Keefer jumped up at me on the bed (which he NEVER does), and his toenails scratched my eyeball. Let me tell you, a corneal abrasion is extremely painful! That time I had to go to the doctor, and I couldn't see right or get my eye to stop watering for several days.

At agility class with Dena, years ago I tripped over the metal support for the tunnel because I was watching HER and not paying attention to where I was going. I landed with my right arm extended above my head, and I broke my shoulder - a humeral head fracture. I didn't know it was broken at the time, and it was exactly halfway through the class, so I continued, working with her on my left side only because I couldn't lift my right arm more than a few inches from my side without intense pain. That was week 5 of a 6 week class. I showed up the next week with my arm in a sling and finished the class.

I've had numerous bumps and bruises and nips, too many to mention.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master Member

Of course we did NOT do retakes- life with dogs .... It was a pretty hard hit...but I think more it had to do with the angle....Boy was bending down, Zeus was popping up. He got hit with the head/snout....and got a tooth scratch to boot! Zeus is such an awesome laid back dog...I find it so ironic that it was never Beast who injured the Boy!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000909655241
dogsnkiddos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
Master Member

I posted this a while back... on a road trip I had Axel on the long line at a rest area... wasn't paying a whole lot of attention when his boy went running to the bathroom. The line got around my ankle... on a hill. Axel hit the end at a dead run, I got slammed really hard into the ground head 1st He also accidentally bit me when I took him to check out the dog club here...he's a little nervy, got all excited when 1st trying bite work and got my thigh in his excitement. Nice big bruise lasted a couple weeks... LOL!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

Balen jumped up as I was bending over and he nose punched me in the throat. Couldnt breath for about 5 seconds......

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #36 (permalink)

Wasn't a GSD, but my late 130lbs brazilian mastiff and I were playing tug of war when my phone rang. Like a dummy, I removed one hand from the rope to reach for the phone and about had my remaining arm torn from its socket by his next tug. Tore my rotator cuff. Without surgery, took nearly a year to heal. Apparently, with surgery, it also would have taken a year to heal.
zekni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchonGSD View Post
Balen jumped up as I was bending over and he nose punched me in the throat. Couldnt breath for about 5 seconds......
My dog Hector did this to me, except he hit my mouth instead of my throat and smashed 3 of my teeth.

Then two weeks later we were playing and he ran full-force into my legs and knocked me down. I landed awkwardly and broke my finger in addition to some major bruising.

The best part was that this all happened within 6 weeks of me finding him as a dumped dog, as I was trying to rehome him because I didn't want another dog and GSDs aren't (or weren't) my breed. Somehow it's been a year and I still have him and he's one of my favorite dogs ever. I am not sure how this happened.
RowdyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekni View Post
Wasn't a GSD, but my late 130lbs brazilian mastiff and I were playing tug of war when my phone rang. Like a dummy, I removed one hand from the rope to reach for the phone and about had my remaining arm torn from its socket by his next tug. Tore my rotator cuff. Without surgery, took nearly a year to heal. Apparently, with surgery, it also would have taken a year to heal.
Ouch! I bet you are still feeling the effects.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Elite Member

This morning Nita gave me a fat bloody lip. She accidently smashed my mouth with her head giving me my morning kisses.

Kenai - 10 yr old Samoyed Koda - 8 yr old Samoyed
Max - 4 yr old rescue Persian Nita - 01/26/2012 GSD
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Ouch! I bet you are still feeling the effects.
Oh yea. I still have trouble with that shoulder sometimes.
zekni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.