Worst injury caused by your dog? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

Lola is only a bout 3.5 months but the other day I was lying on the floor attempting to snuggle with her when she decided it was play time.
She grabbed me by the hair and yanked hard.

She ended up leaving a bloody gash on the back of my head too.. ouch

starburst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
Does a friend's dog count? 5 inch metal plate holding together left fibula.
Holy Shemoly, how did that happen?

With mine it's generally bruised legs on a constant basis. I used to have torn up hands but that has gotten much better now that I have the right balls to reward with.

Ma bit through my thumbnail, I think that is the one that has hurt the most so far. Nail is black.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Exclamation How NOT to break up a dog fight :D

I remember this well... December 2001 around 1 am in the morning... I hear my name being screamed and half asleep I jump up out of bed. I am directed by my mother who is hysterical that Shadow & Tori were fighting... Me still in a daze hear Shadow screaming and Tori in a defensive frenzy. I saw blood flying out of Shadow and this is where I went wrong still in a half asleep daze to break up the fight... Keep in mind I have no jacket or shoes on just socks...

Shadow is on the left and Tori is on the right.

I tripped and covered Shadow not realizing Tori was in a real defensive fight frenzy. Tori had no clue I was there she was so worked up. In less than a minute I got bit three times and I hit Tori in her nose to snap her out of it. She let out a yelp and came to her senses and immediately came up to me with her head down ears back licking me. This behavior was unusual for Tori she had never done anything like this before... We get the dogs and head to Dover, DE for the 24 hr vet since ours was closed. I felt fine just a little blood on my arm, left & right ankle no biggie Shadow was more important due to her puncture wounds....

We go to the vet Shadow gets her stitches and Tori was perfectly fine. We go drop them off at home and I head to the er. It was not a busy night and I was taken back pretty quickly. So I had a deep laceration on my left arm from bite 1 where a giant Tori fang got me. No stitches needed the nurse cleaned it up and it did leave a nasty scar. I take my sneakers off and my right shoe was a bit bloody. Once the heavy black sock came off I had 4 deep lacerations from bite 2. I take my left sneaker off the shoe was full of blood. I take the sock off deep lacerations on my ankle and a huge chunk of my heel plopped on the er floor... Don't worry it grew back but that was a bloody mess and yes I learned me a lesson on how NOT to break up a dog fight when half asleep in a daze at 1 am in the morning with no shoes on!
KayleeGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
x11
Banned

ah i think the OP wants pics, your own;

(*** Pics removed due to size. Max allowed 800 X 600 as per forum rules ***)

more comin.

Last edited by Castlemaid; 11-11-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Oversized pics.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My skin is pretty thin from all the pred I've had to take over the years so I have a couple of nasty scars from a dog pawing at me, which really look a lot worse than they felt. I also got head butted once and broke a tooth. I was pregnant with my first kid at the time and they had to fix it without using any medicine which sucked!
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Master Member

I confess I'm kinda chuckling. These are terrible stories, my goodness, but looking back on my own experiences with Spirit ... I have to say I have not had another dog that brought so much injury!!

The worst for me was when I was playing soccer with the Jolly Egg Ball -- without shoes I didn't judge my kick just right and Spirit got a tooth under the nail of my big toe. Took out a chunk of skin and lifted half my nail.

I'm not getting injured quite so much anymore, I take that as one of the subtler signs that Spirit is growing up. He's almost 8 months now. I survived
Jo Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

Was giving Chief a pig ear I made him sit then handed him the treat he grabbed the whole thing plus my finger next to my pinky. It hurt so bad I yelled ahhhhhh ouch he immediately let go and dropped the treat. I had like 3 punctures in my finger and it bruised immediately. He felt bad he started licking my finger then wouldn't even eat his treat.
frillint1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Elite Member

Sage was chasing Carly the other day, and plowed right into my shin (running full out). I swear I thought she had broken my leg!

Carly ~ AKC Ch, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch pointed (chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ future show dog
Zelda ~ puppymill rescue Italian Greyhound
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

I was working on quick retrieves and close fronts with Gryffon by holding a tug under my chin to lure him in close and to get him to release the dumbbell fast. Then I would drop the tug for him to catch.

He really liked this game (it involved a tug!) and got a bit over excited at one point and jumped up to grab the tug before it was released and his canine caught and split my upper lip. It bled profusely and took weeks to heal! Fortunately I have the type of skin that scars minimally, because I really wasn't too keen on having a permanent scar right there.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master Member

Boy had his cheek bone cracked by the GSD at the food supply shop. They were playing next to me- boy bent down, Zeus came up and their heads collided. Boy had a huge bruise, a scratch and the crack- all in time for next day's school photos. I thought the shop owner would die of horror, but it was all just a timing accident. Boy did not even cry- he kept right on tossing the toy...only the swelling and subsequent xray showed the true damage. Those 2 still have a good relationship so that's all that really matters.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000909655241
dogsnkiddos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.