Worst injury caused by your dog? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Fast forward to 1:53. I didn't get hurt badly. Could've totally been worse

Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I try to block it all from my memory, but tonight Karlo tagged my hand when I went to throw the chuck-it flying squirrel...he didn't puncture, but hit my hand really hard....goose egg and bruise on the bone. Wrong timing and he thought it was tug time, not fetch(new toy).
The nose bumps are the worst!
My ankle is still sore from last May when my ankle twisted into a woodchuck hole while I was running backwards(trying to get K to go into the pond)
I now have a fear of running backwards.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Head butts from my lab, she split my lip one time and gave me a black eye another time. I was throwing a stick in the river for her and she chomped my thumb nail. It turned black and came off.

@jocoyn can we hear how it happened?
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Just two weeks ago I came home from work and let the GSD out as normal. Usually when we go out(she's on a leash) she goes to the bathroom and runs around in circles in play mode. Well this time when she ran in back of me I didn't turn fast enough to complete the circle and I landed on my butt. I knew I was going down and going down hard. I called my son, who found me sitting on the ground, still holding onto the dog, who was now next to me wondering why I was on the ground. My first thought when I realized I was going down was...I hope there is no poop in this spot Needless to say I was sore for about 2-3 days, but no major injuries, just lots of pain.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Xerxes had a habit of running up to people barking when they are close to his yard. I had him out at 7 in the morning and he saw a neighbor coming home who works nights. ( This guy knows Xerx runs up barking and then wags his tail. ) It was pitch black outside and, like an idiot, I go race after him in the dark and trip over a stump. My tendons knotted up and I'm laying there. Xerx comes up and licks me in the face. LOL BTW hes on a leash ever since.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
@jocoyn can we hear how it happened?
I was hiding for her dog who was on a tracking line. Dog found me and I was teasing up the dog with the ball then threw it.

Did not realize the line was wrapped around leg. Dog took off for ball.

leg shot out from under me and I fell in an awkward sort of way. Got in friend's truck (we were in a field and were going to go to the house and ice it) and I said "I'm feeling kind of queasy" and turned a bit gray. She drove me to ER. The had me in surgery within 2 hours.

---------

My dog, Grim has given me several nosebleeds, both shins have bone spurs, and bit through one toy into hand...all accidents.

Beau regripped on a toy and tore open the top of my hand...accident.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ozzy didn't actually cause it, but I was doing my hair one morning (I sit in the sink when I get ready) and Ozzy came in to say hi.
I turned to pet him and fell backwards off the counter and landed on my head. He got out of the way, though. Haha.
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

I also got a head butt, from my pit though. I bent down to get his Ball as he jumped up. His head his huge and so hard. Busted open my lip. A month before my wedding!! My husband found me in the bathroom crying and asked if it hurt. I started sobbing "no but what if I still have it in the wedding pictures?" Lol it healed up fine. But I do have a scar now.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
I was hiding for her dog who was on a tracking line. Dog found me and I was teasing up the dog with the ball then threw it.

Did not realize the line was wrapped around leg. Dog took off for ball.

leg shot out from under me and I fell in an awkward sort of way. Got in friend's truck (we were in a field and were going to go to the house and ice it) and I said "I'm feeling kind of queasy" and turned a bit gray. She drove me to ER. The had me in surgery within 2 hours.

---------

My dog, Grim has given me several nosebleeds, both shins have bone spurs, and bit through one toy into hand...all accidents.

Beau regripped on a toy and tore open the top of my hand...accident.
Wow, thats crazy! I was imagining the dog accidentally knocking you down some stairs or something. I hope you recovered quickly.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My worst injury happened a few months ago - a head butt that resulted in a broken front tooth. It wasn't the most physically painful injury I've ever gotten from playing with my dogs, but it was mentally painful because every other time I've ended up with a fat lip but now I have to admit that I'm getting old, lol.
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.