Do you love one of your dogs more? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

Liesje, where's Pan? Sorry, it just dawned on me I havn't heard about one of favourite board hunks in awhile!

I love my two for different reasons. My doberman would crawl inside me and never leave, my GSD is content to be looking at me from across the room. However the GSD is an old soul, she's such a mother. She helps me a lot. My doberman will help me, if she's not busy bouncing off the walls. When she matures she'll be a fantastic helper
Zira To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -J.K Rowling
ShenzisMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

I have two dogs Smokey and Chief. I just recently got Chief and I have had Smokey since I was 7 he's 17 now. I can say that Smokey is my favorite and I will never love a dog as much as him, but I love them both so much and I treat them the same, and they both have the same rules.

Chief-GSD
frillint1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It's share the love at my house, I have 3 and there is something special about each one that I love. If I am petting on one and another comes up I just use the other hand and love on it too.

I go to bed with my little girl and my shepherd, after about 10 min the shepherd will get down and get in his bed and shortly after my lab will sneak in the bed with me and stay the rest of the night.

My little one has cancer and is on borrowed time so she may get by with more than the other two.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Member

I have three dogs plus my parents dog that comes to stay about a week a month and I can honestly say that I love them all equally for different reasons. However, I will say that I will get very upset if Sasha bullies any of the other dogs. Since she was the last one in, the dynamics between the other three are perfect and they are the best of friends. She came in and kind of upset the balance and when she decides to be a bully, I must admit that she drops a notch in my book. Generally, thats when I take her out for a walk on her own and gain her focus again. That usually takes care of it I do have to say though, I will never have this many dogs again... there are times that I feel like I'm not giving each dog enough attention Especially now that we're expecting I'm nervous its going to get even tougher...

Tango, lab mix 10/01/2000
Scarlett, cattle dog mix 04/01/2007
Sasha, GSD 02/01/2008
sashadog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for all the wonderful stories \
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I have 3 of my own and a temp Rottie that will soon go to her new home after some house training. I do have favorites - it is usually the one I am actively working and training. Just inevitable since I spend the majority of time with that dog. Wiva is the current fav - my only IPO/show dog at the moment. Such a happy, eager, devoted girl. Sticks to me like glue all day and shares my pillow at night. Works very hard to please. I have learned so much working with her. I will be forever grateful for what she has taught me, and I am excited for our future.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
This sounds horrible... but I simply cannot love a non-GSD as much as a shepherd. I got my Pug after the loss of my shepherds. My heart was so broken I said "no more shepherds". However, I never got as close to her... even though she was my only dog for a year and she's very much a lap dog. She's ALWAYS right next to me or on me. When I got Grim, it became crystal clear to me that I'd always have a preference to shepherds. When I had 2 GSDs, I loved them the same. I do love my Pug, but it's just not the same. It sounds heartless even writing it, but it's the truth. I don't know what it is about shepherds, but they are the only dog that I can attach to like that.
I can agree with you on that one. I never loved another dog as much as I love my GSD. They are addictive breed, sometimes I think they are part human because of all their emotions and intelligence. I had other dogs before and loved them very much but never as much as my GSD she is like a part of me we have a very strong bond. Its funny reading this thread because just today me and my husband were talking about getting a doberman puppy so that Arexa could play, I feel guilty leaving her alone when we leave the house and plus they would be a good pair they have so much energy I was thinking how Arexa would take it... I just don't know she is very jealous of when I give other pets attention...
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #18 (permalink)

My husband wants a girl-pup of his own, which I totally get because Zeke is so obviously my dog. I'd be the one taking her to puppy class, socializing, CGC etc, as he works and I'm an at home mom. I really, really worry that I just won't love her as much, because I think Zeke is pretty much my ideal dog. Maybe Blackthorn can just clone a female version of him?

Zeke (Blackthorn's Nemo, CGC) GSD~6/8/10
Tesla (Blackthorn's Tesla) GSD~2/5/13
stacey_eight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

i have 2 jrt, 1 airedale and a gsd. i like them all for different reasons. spend more time with the gsd, kyra, as she could be of leash.
huntergreen is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

I definitely have a favorite, although it's not the one I do the most with. Kya, my old girl has been my heart and soul for 12 years. She will get extra treats, gets to be loose in the house, and there are certain things only she gets to do (like go uptown for ice cream). Now I spend more time with Milla, we go to training twice a week, work on obedience and tracking almost daily, she goes running and hiking with me. Poor Phinneas claims he's left out but he is spoiled in his own right.

Kya - GSD 7/15/00
Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.