Are There Anymore Control Freaks Up Here? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Are There Anymore Control Freaks Up Here?

I think we all have certain things that we like done with our dogs in a certain way,but who up here is an admitted control freak with their dogs and other people trying to help with them? I've gotten better,but I still have little things that irk me when they aren't done right,even if I know it won't kill the dogs if someone else still gets the job done,but maybe not to my standards. This drives my husband crazy,now he just ignores me.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
I think we all have certain things that we like done with our dogs in a certain way,but who up here is an admitted control freak with their dogs and other people trying to help with them? I've gotten better,but I still have little things that irk me when they aren't done right,even if I know it won't kill the dogs if someone else still gets the job done,but maybe not to my standards. This drives my husband crazy,now he just ignores me.
Thats me! I am a true control freak when it comes to the animals and their care. The reason, I take care of them 99% of the time so I have more say than anyone else. My husband has learned to ignore my crazy too lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Uh yeah. Especially with this boy. My wife has mainly stayed out of it because of this. I find that I'm much more controlling over Grim than over any previous shepherd... although I was to some extent with them, too. They were always "mine" though.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

Little bit of one. I'm responsible for everything Gaia related so it's either do it my way or don't do it at all. My parents laughed at me when they watched her because she was sent with a list of instructions. Meh, I'm a tad anal BUT I knew she was going to get spoiled so I wanted to keep some things in check.

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am, and right now I'm about to lose my mind because DH refuses to think before he speaks: "Up", "Down", "Off" and "Out" shouldn't be complicated. He makes me seem like a shrew for getting on his case about throwing the words around like confetti. It's driving me crazy, and he doesn't seem to realize that these are commands. I guess I'll just teach my puppy English and then I can relax about it, lol.
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
Did I just say that??? Sure sounded like something I would say. Yes I am guilty of being a control freak, but I have been in my house almost 20 years taking care of several animals. I do what I do because it works, I try to do things that make my life easier so thats why when I leave my multi page instruction booklet you should do things like I say to do them. I have gotten better over the years. I don't freak out when I come home from a vacation. Actually my new petsitter does a wonderful job except she didn't recycle the cans!
Forget about training or exercising we don't even discuss those topics anymore.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanketback View Post
I am, and right now I'm about to lose my mind because DH refuses to think before he speaks: "Up", "Down", "Off" and "Out" shouldn't be complicated. He makes me seem like a shrew for getting on his case about throwing the words around like confetti. It's driving me crazy, and he doesn't seem to realize that these are commands. I guess I'll just teach my puppy English and then I can relax about it, lol.
We had this issue with Lakota jumping on the couch, he knew I was having a hard time with "down" meaning to "lay down" not get off the couch. So with a calm quiet tone I "suggested" can we use the word "OFF". He still gets confused.
The best is when my husband throws out his favorite word "ganook" I don't know how its spelled but he says it means "enough" ok well the dogs know "enough".
I really do love my husband!
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Old 11-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well, I am teaching Gabriele in German and my hubby is teaching Jacob in English He can't remember the german words and I can't remember to use english with Jacob!
Owned by Bridgette-RIP 05/93-09/10, Jasmine-RIP 01/96-5/06/09, Dakotah-R.I.P 14/12/05, Joshua-R.I.P 31/10/12, Sabrina-RIP 1/07/01-26/11/13, Shane 11/09/01, Samantha-R.I.P 07/12/13, Amber, Jody, Wendy, Gabriele-RIP 01/23/12-12/21/13, Kimi, and Jakob.
lostangl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangl View Post
Well, I am teaching Gabriele in German and my hubby is teaching Jacob in English He can't remember the german words and I can't remember to use english with Jacob!
So now you should teach hand signals!
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am doing that also. When I say the command, I do the hand signal. She is very smart, Jakob, not so much . Just joking.
Owned by Bridgette-RIP 05/93-09/10, Jasmine-RIP 01/96-5/06/09, Dakotah-R.I.P 14/12/05, Joshua-R.I.P 31/10/12, Sabrina-RIP 1/07/01-26/11/13, Shane 11/09/01, Samantha-R.I.P 07/12/13, Amber, Jody, Wendy, Gabriele-RIP 01/23/12-12/21/13, Kimi, and Jakob.
lostangl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.