Beware of dog signs - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Elite Member

Question

i have a big no trespassing sign if someone puts their arm over my fence is that considered trespassing?

why are there so many stupid people out there? I just dont get it? They would stick their face in a chain saw or a lions cage, or a bears face also.

What about putting electric wire on the outside of your fence? booby trapping it.
pets4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pets4life View Post
i have a big no trespassing sign if someone puts their arm over my fence is that considered trespassing?
All I know is, if someone puts their hand inside your fence and gets bitten, they can sue you and win. You should have had a tighter, or taller, or stronger fence if you own a biting dog.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master Member

IMO a 'beware of dog' does not have to mean your dog is dangerous. it just tells people to be aware that you have a dog.
TommyB681 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pets4life View Post

why are there so many stupid people out there? I just dont get it? They would stick their face in a chain saw or a lions cage, or a bears face also.

What about putting electric wire on the outside of your fence? booby trapping it.
You should ask law enforcement in your area. I live in a condo. Behind our back patio is a small green belt. About 10 years ago we had problems with people using drugs and sleeping behind our fence and just using it as a cut through.

I asked the police, since it is private property can these people be cited? The police said for them to enforce anything we had to put up No Trespassing signs. So I got the condo association to put them up and about six months ago someone was cited for sleeping behind my neighbor's unit. What you asked seems like common sense, but many of our laws are not based on common sense.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #35 (permalink)

Why ask law enforcement? They aren't really involved in civil law suits which is where we might find ourselves in a dog bite incident. I doubt any penal code will specifically prohibit "Beware of Dog" signs.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #36 (permalink)
Master Member

We had a Beware of Dog sign in the window, but were concerned about its connotation.

We now have in the window an "in case of fire, please rescue dog" sign, which we hope covers our bases.

My husband walks Joey through the neighborhood enough to show his presence.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ask your insurance agent.

Out State Farm agent said to NOT put any sign up.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

I have three signs on my 6ft wood fence. Two say Beware of Dog and the on right on the gate says, Protected by German Shepherd Security Co.
bigd3077 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Elite Member

I have a sign posted at the back of our property that says "This Area Patrolled By White German Shepherd Security Company" with a silouhette of a fluffy GSD. It doesn't specifically SAY that she is a guard dog, or that she will bite anyone...just saying she is there. We cannot have a fence due to living on the golf course and we do not have a pool. Scarlett is never out unsupervised, but that does not stop the golfers from wandering into the yard to get their wayward golf balls. Oddly, Scarlett rarely even barks at them...until the reach some point in the yard that SHE has determined means they are in her territory. Generally, one look at her and they run the other way.

FWIW, I also have a red, triangular sign that says MINES further out on the lot. The "Beware of Snakes" sign did not deter them, so I thought the MINES sign would. Not so much...they are a thick headed bunch, those golfers. BUT it is I who has all their balls.

If you are going through hades, keep going!
Scarlettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettsmom View Post
I have a sign posted at the back of our property that says "This Area Patrolled By White German Shepherd Security Company" with a silouhette of a fluffy GSD. It doesn't specifically SAY that she is a guard dog, or that she will bite anyone...just saying she is there. We cannot have a fence due to living on the golf course and we do not have a pool. Scarlett is never out unsupervised, but that does not stop the golfers from wandering into the yard to get their wayward golf balls. Oddly, Scarlett rarely even barks at them...until the reach some point in the yard that SHE has determined means they are in her territory. Generally, one look at her and they run the other way.

FWIW, I also have a red, triangular sign that says MINES further out on the lot. The "Beware of Snakes" sign did not deter them, so I thought the MINES sign would. Not so much...they are a thick headed bunch, those golfers. BUT it is I who has all their balls.

If the sign doesn't deter someone, a White GSD with antlers will, lol!!
bigd3077 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.