German Shepherds Forum banner

German Shepherd Artists?

6K views 49 replies 19 participants last post by  Thesilentone 
#1 ·

I haven't picked up the sketchbook for 4 years... I'm not that great but wow, I think I still got it.

Any of you artists have any work of German Shepherds?

See less See more
#3 ·
Not bad at all!

I used to do traditional art for many years, then switched to digital painting/sketching back in 2007. I took a good year and a half off though. I just got back to it a few days ago when my SO bought me CS5 and gave me a new Wacom Intuos3 tablet (he gets them cheap form work.... he's a lead digital artist for military sim and training).

Anyway... the other night I actually started on a painting of a GSD. Duke is my reference... I figured I would work on some of Duke and Zira to get myself back in the game. Horses and dogs were always my strong point.

#8 ·
I'd definitely love to see some of your work. I'm thinking about getting back into it. Digital Sketching? That sounds hard! Is it pretty precise as hand sketching?

#4 ·
I airbrush but currently don't have my equipment set up as some construction is going on in my house. I have done some tshirts of other breeds for people along with other custom projects. Since I got Tazor I cant wait to get him on canvas.

I will post his potrait if this construction ever ends..lol. I never tried canvas but I think the tshirts of pets came out ok ,but I had only been painting for a couple months when I did them.

Love!!! The sketch!

#9 ·
Yes, I'd love to see the portrait. You know, if I gave you a picture of my girl, would you make a T-shirt for me? I'd buy it. :D

#5 ·
Nice work! My daughter loves to paint and sketch too. She finds lots of websites of other artists that do GSD's and animals in general. I'd post one of her sketches, but she is very concerned about people stealing and using an image of her work. She is not ready to sell anything yet, but working up to it. She's also experimented with colored pencil sketches, and can bring out the red coloring in our black/red shepherd.

#25 · (Edited)
Well, I'm a professional artist (that's my day job, lol!) and specialize in quad character concept development for animated feature films... so yes! :p

My graduate thesis film for college is a traditionally animated piece about shelter dogs. No GSDs (long hair is VERY hard to animate consistently), but there's a little pitmix and a basset hound.

This explains my house dogs' reaction to our new HIGH DRIVE puppy; she's everywhere at once. They were not initially amused.

Aaaand what life drawing looks like when we take studio trips to the zoo!

*edited to add some stuff*

#28 ·
I love it!!!! I know what you mean about seeing a million things you want to fix while you're working. I am the same way when I airbrush. The only thing I really like on my site is the Gene Simmons (Kiss).. I see so many flaws on all the pets I've done and most things never made the site. I am indeed my worst critic. When people like something I've done...I'm thinkin...pity compliment...haha. You truly have a great talent though. :)

#44 ·
I dont know how you guys take part of another persons post and put it on your own to comment on it lol. So Ill just say LucasGSD, your sketches are amazing. So much detail into the fur, I dont have the patience ( and probably not the skill either) to draw in such detail!

#49 ·
Click on the reply with quote, bottom rt of the box where the actual post is. You can also choose to multi quote, and click that on a few posts.

#45 ·
#50 ·
I do mainly traditional and digital drawings as a hobby, these are the only GSD drawings I have done so far. Currently working on a portrait of Sam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.