German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Information (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/)
-   -   Czech female names (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/161779-czech-female-names.html)

elisabeth_00117 06-29-2011 02:32 PM

Czech female names

I am hoping for some good suggestions for future use.

I am looking for female dog names of the Czech origin. I like having a significant meaning behind each name.

Things to consider:

- Must be from czech origin
- NOT ordinary or human sounding (I like dog names, not "Susie or Charlie", etc.)
- I like the harder sounding names (nothing "froo froo")
- Think; schutzhund
- This is for a call name, so it doesn't have to follow any letter or theme

LaRen616 06-29-2011 02:42 PM

Chessa as a girl's name is pronounced CHESS-ah. It is of Slavic origin, and the meaning of Chessa is "at peace".

You can also spell it Cheza, I have loved this name for many years. :wub:

LaRen616 06-29-2011 02:56 PM

Katica ~ pure

Ladislava ~ ruler of glory

Vlasta ~ power

High5 06-29-2011 03:05 PM

TAŤÁNA. A Czech form of Russian Tatyana, pronounced TAETAENah a name of Kaffir origin, meaning "a small mountain."

LaRen616 06-29-2011 03:06 PM

This is hard!

Why not stick with H.O.N. names like Stark?

Kalona, Lenobia, Nyx, Kramisha, Neferet or Nefertiti?

I tried. :o

elisabeth_00117 06-29-2011 03:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I really like names that are 1 syllable or 2 at the most. I tend to lean toward names that end in "a" or "i" and I like them to be unique.

I was thinking of sticking with 'House of Night' characters but don't really have one name that sticks out to me that I find suitable.

LaRen616 06-29-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elisabeth_00117 (Post 2178648)
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I really like names that are 1 syllable or 2 at the most. I tend to lean toward names that end in "a" or "i" and I like them to be unique.

I was thinking of sticking with 'House of Night' characters but don't really have one name that sticks out to me that I find suitable.

I am usually really good at name games but I am apparently not good at Czech name games! :laugh:

gagsd 06-29-2011 03:26 PM

If you go to the PDB, or working-dog.eu and search for the Czech/Slovak kennel names, you will find a lot to choose from, even "Lady."
some kennel names:
Blatenskeho zamku
Pohranicni straze
Neresnicka dolina
z Lipin

Zara, Majka, Nora, Irma, Gita.....

elisabeth_00117 06-29-2011 03:27 PM

She is of Porhanichni Straze lines... just for a frame of reference.

elisabeth_00117 06-29-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagsd (Post 2178660)
If you go to the PDB, or working-dog.eu and search for the Czech/Slovak kennel names, you will find a lot to choose from, even "Lady."
some kennel names:
Blatenskeho zamku
Pohranicni straze
Neresnicka dolina
z Lipin

Zara, Majka, Nora, Irma, Gita.....

Yes, I have been utilizing those websites as well. I have a few on my list that I like, but nothing that stands out as "YES! THAT'S IT!" at the moment.