No papers and this is the best GSD - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default No papers and this is the best GSD

It pains me that this dog of mine has no papers to akc him "official" If anyone knows how I can make him "oficial" please email me to buchanan . greg AT gmail dot therest. He is one year old and has a great 'tude, and he is right at 100 lbs. (1 year old) I went to the yearly dog day and he was the attention getter, the other shepherds couldn't compare. What can I do???

Last edited by gregalabama; 05-22-2011 at 01:37 AM.
gregalabama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Skype™ to Jessiewessie99

I don't really understand what you are trying to ask.

Molly-GSD ✔ Certified Ninja Dog
Tanner-GSD ✔ Certified Lovebug
RIP:
Max & Simba
"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible."-George Chakiris, as said by Agent Derek Mogan
Jessiewessie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

What a lovely dog. He looks very happy. He doesn't need papers to make him official unless you plan to show him in conformation or breed him.
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiewessie99 View Post
I don't really understand what you are trying to ask.

get papers for him so I can breed him. He is by far the best GSD. I know he is mine, but look at him, he is the best one, and as far as the AKC see's, he is a mutt...
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Me either. Are you trying to find out how to replace his registration papers? Or was he never registered and you want to have him AKC registered?

ETA: Nevermind.

Last edited by AddieGirl; 05-22-2011 at 01:45 AM.
AddieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieGirl View Post
Me either. Are you trying to find out how to replace his registration papers? Or was he never registered and you want to have him AKC registered?

ETA: Nevermind.
I bought him from people that don't keep up with papers... I got him in centerpoint (Birmingham) area of Alabama.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Skype™ to Jessiewessie99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregalabama View Post
get papers for him so I can breed him. He is by far the best GSD. I know he is mine, but look at him, he is the best one, and as far as the AKC see's, he is a mutt...
What makes him the best GSD? What does he have to offer to the German Shepherd breed? Have you had his hips checked?What kind of titles does he have?Has he been test for other health issues?Are you willing to take back any of his offspring at anytime no matter what? Are you going to offer a guarantee?Are you willing to keep in contact with buyers if they have any issues with their puppies? Are you going to make sure his offspring don't end up in shelters or rescues? Why are you breeding?

We all think our dogs are the best. I think my dogs are the best. But that is NOT a reason they should be bred. AKC papers mean nothing. The only thing they mean is that the dog is a purebred. Nothing else.

RIP:
Max & Simba
"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible."-George Chakiris, as said by Agent Derek Mogan
Old 05-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiewessie99 View Post
What makes him the best GSD? What does he have to offer to the German She Why are you breeding?
I'm not yet b breeding him, but look at the boy, he's perfect. I feel it would be an injustice not to breed him.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregalabama View Post
I'm not yet b breeding him, but look at the boy, he's perfect. I feel it would be an injustice not to breed him.
So? Yes he is a nice looking GSD, but looks are NOT the only reason you should be breeding him. No, it wouldn't be an injustice.

If I were looking for a puppy. I would rather have a ugly GSD that was healthy, smart, great temperament, and great trainability, than a pretty one that is unhealthy, behavioral issues.

RIP:
Max & Simba
Old 05-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

If both his parents are AKC registered then his litter could be registered. And if his litter is registered, then he and his littermates can be registered. But if the litter wasn't registered because one or both parents weren't registered, then there's nothing you can do.

And no, it is not an injustice to not breed every good looking dog out there, no matter how much we love them. We all think our dogs are "the best", but most of them are not truly breeding material.

If you think he's a great representative of the breed why don't you go back the people you bought him from and get another dog from them. Are they still breeding the parents? A puppy out of him would only have half his genes.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.