GSD friendly apartments in north houston area? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

GSD friendly apartments in north houston area?

This may be a long shot. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any german shepherd friendly dog apartments in the north houston area - preferably in the woodlands area. I have had no luck in finding/calling...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM

I was having the same problem. Contact an apartment locator! It helped me find apartments so easy. It helped that my locator was a dog lover so she understood. Don't expect a wide variety, but a locator helped me a ton.

Ken, father of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Blk & Red GSD pup, 2/1/2011
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, Orange Tabby
Sam, Siamese mix
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Elite Member

We live in a GSD friendly complex but it is in the spring branch area.

"If you don't train them, don't blame them"
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 04:52 PM

We were at one in Kingwood....not sure if you would consider there

ARES-GSD

GIZMO-****zu
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Master Member

I've called around to a couple different places in Conroe and The Woodlands. All of them except for Alden Landing (on Gosling and College Park/242), I got an absolute "NO!". I talked to a, I guess a receptionist, at Alden Landing and she said she doesn't know of any breed restrictions, so just as long as my dog was under the weight limit (75 pounds), she thought it would be ok. I have no idea if she knew what she was talking about, but you might try them.

~ Cayla

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Elite Member

The best way is to call all the dog friendly apartments in the area you want to live in and ask about their pet policy. Some places are open to negotiation. I found a place that allows GSD in less then 24 hours. All the internet searching in the world wouldn't have helped me at all.

Chrissy

Pookie, Papillon 4/17/09
Kaiser, GSD 4/14/11
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 PM

Someone posted they live in a GSD friendly complex in the Spring branch area... We are wanting to move there. Which complex?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM

We had ours when we lived in Kingwood but that's about 45 min from the woodlands. Not sure about woodlands area though.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

ARES-GSD

GIZMO-****zu
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:23 AM

Making time to discover an apartment to lease can be as easy as easily planning and sticking to your timetable. Make it easy on yourself; use an apartment locators. i think you should try on matchliving!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to NormanF Send a message via Yahoo to NormanF Send a message via Skype™ to NormanF
Landlords/property managers want proof you're a responsible dog owner and won't create legal liability for them and will pay for any damage if you vacate the premises later.

Consider renting a single family home with yard space. Its often a lot easier to move with a large dog into one than an apartment.

Of course, if your landlord/property manager is a dog owner/lover, it helps! Talk to the landlord/property manager in person rather than call over the phone.

People are more willing to come to some kind of agreement with you on allowing a dog in their place if they can see you and your dog in person.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page