German Shepherds Forum banner

Scariest thing your GSD have done

9K views 67 replies 49 participants last post by  DellaWrangler 
#1 ·
Whta is the scariest thing your GSD have done to you?

Phenix really scared us when he was around 6 months old. We were at the dog park. I don't know if I will be able this describe it clearly, but the park is on a small hill.

It's a field owned by the city, so they have built a garage into the hill to store their tools. You can imagine: they digged into the hill, so there is a hole on one side of the hill, but no fence to protect dogs from falling into it.

Phenix was never approching this whole, until one day, when a guy threw a ball in that direction. Our little boy was so focussed on it, he didn't see the edge and felt 8 feets downs into the hole :shocked:.

No sounds. No movements. We were freaking out. I ran there and he was sitting there, looking at me, not realizing/understanding what had just happen:crazy:. Thankfully, he was all right, not injured. I was so happy! :wub:

From there, I wrote a letter to the city to ask them to put a fence around the entry of the garage because it was not only dangerous for dogs, but also for young children. No response. They never did anything to correct the problem. :mad:

See less See more
#62 ·
When the meter guys used to come to read the meter my dog was a little over a year old and he jumped through the screen in the window and chased the man to the next yard. Thankfully nothing bad happened but man I was scared to death!

#63 ·
I was cleaning my attic one day and the dog came up with me. Because this was no air conditioning I opened the small windows on each side of the house. I wasn't paying attention to what my dog was doing since I was just trying to tidy it up to lay insulation for the upcoming winter. All of the sudden my husband says, "Carla, Hunter is trying to get out the window!" I heard my husband saying it from outside and I turn and he is almost out the window. I try to get to him and he is already on the roof. I climb out on the roof to get him and he falls and I try to get him only for us both to fall to the ground. That is how he fractured his hip. Next thing I know my husband is sitting by us both crying and he tells me he thinks Hunter is dead, I move to touch him and he wakes up and gets up and limps around a bit then comes to lay by me.

#64 ·
Ill give a worst case- a couple decades ago me and some friends had found a teepee in the woods. It was huge with a firepit, we would go there and party. On christmas eve we went there and parked at the bowling alley, my buddys pit mix jumped out and ran into the street. We all watched in slow mo as he ran out and got run over! It was horrible and by the time we got to a vet he had to be put down. If your dog doesnt have a 1000% recall dont let it offleash near roads.

#65 ·
Khaleesi and I were walking in a section of a greenbelt that is off leash. There is a part that is a narrow trail along a river. On one side is a rock wall, and the other side of the trail has a drop down to a river. It had rained and there was a puddle on the trail. Khaleesi was making mad dashes back and forth through the puddle. One time she ran up too close to the edge and she was so muddy that when she tried to stop, her feet slipped and she slid right over the edge!! My heart stopped! I ran and looked over the edge and she had landed about three feet down and was caught between the rock wall and a tree. She was fine and just looked annoyed to be stuck, but I was a hot mess.

#66 ·
While walking by beagle mix from my porch 3 feet to my car on leash, a full grown Rottweiler came charging from around the side of my house towards the back out us. I madly shoved by 30 lb dog into the car and felt the rott hit the back of me. I was trying to scramble into the driver's seat while hearing this dog snarl only for by dog to leap onto it and latch onto it's ear.

This 90lb dog screamed and backed off, butt tucked under into the yard. I've since moved from that home but I'm always weary of stray dogs now.

#67 ·
They've never done anything to make me worry about them, but my sister, her husband and their 2 kids came to visit last summer and they're afraid of dogs; idk why :/. Anyways, I took Charlie on a leash gave him a toy and let her kids get close, but I didn't let them close enough to touch him. Everything was good for about 4 minutes, then Charlie randomly pounced and started barking at my niece. It made her cry (4 years old) and shook her up for a day or 2. I'm not sure why he did that but it didn't look aggressive to me. He does that to everyone who comes over.

#68 ·
We had a jailbreak a couple of days ago. We're replacing the fence. Pup was lollygagging in the yard with us. I lost sight of her for literally a minute, then heard a commotion from next door. Apparently she had decided to go pay the neighbors a visit (might have had something to do with them grilling delicious hamburgers :) Should have been fine, since she's pretty well-behaved and friendly. Except that the neighbor is deathly afraid of dogs. Had lots of apologizing to do, brought over some chocolates, etc. Until we finish the fence, her free range privileges have been revoked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.