Not every thing is funny or cute. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Not every thing is funny or cute.

Someone posted this video on facebook saying how cute it was. But all I could think was control your dog and give the white dog some peace. If that had been Athena or Rosko laying there the other dog would have been bitten. Apollo is willing to play anytime so I didn't include him. These videos generally just annoy me. I could more understand if they weren't right there with their stupid phone recording it. I wonder what their reaction would have been had the German Shepherd attacked the husky. German shepherd would have been labeled aggressive and either put down or wound up at the pound. All because people are stupid. Maybe I am just too uptight. Does anyone allow this to go on in their house?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:23 PM

Ok as much as I understand how this kind of play can cause a fight breaking out and the owners should not allow it to go on....come on its funny ! I read your comment before watching the video but still couldn't stop laughing. Sorry
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Elite Member

GSD looks like he likes it. i think you're over thinking things. i saw this on FB yesterday and didn't think anything of it.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:32 PM

It's kindof funny for the first 2 seconds - looks like me pushing on my husband to get his lazy butt up off of his recliner LOL! But then it's kindof annoying after that. Clearly the WS is not interested or amused at all... Husky seems to be trying to just be playful but the Shepherd is having none of it. If those were my two dogs I would have made the Husky get down and entertained him myself, since clearly the Shepherd wasn't in the mood to play.

Ghost - our first WGSD, parvo survivor, 9/30/16
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Crowned Member

Ollie does the foot jabs, sometimes he rears up to do it. We stop it quickly if the girls are not wanting to play as they will likely escalate things. Once its clear the white dog was not interested the owner should have put a stop to it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Elite Member

It was kinda cute at first but honestly, I think I would have removed the husky from the room, maybe for a quick walk or something. This may be something normal in their house, dunno. Once off the couch the dogs might have played. I agree that after a few moments, this annoys me more than amuses me.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief one and a half years old

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Elite Member

Yeah the husky is out of line. I can see the white dog almost getting into it and then you can see him get annoyed. I admire his patience, reminds me of my old yellow dog.

I have to admit I saw a video on Facebook where a bunch of people were outraged, it was a little dog resource guarding, and the guy is going "fluffy, can I have my sock" and dog tries to maul him. "fluffy, can I have my pen, fluffy can I sit on the bed?" I have to admit I laughed my A off.

Is it funny to video a nasty little dog repeating bad behavior...no...but the video WAS funny even if I shouldn't have laughed
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Knighted Member

I wouldn't let it go on. A sleeping dog deserves to be left alone. But I don't have a husky either and I wouldn't let my dogs treat each other like that. Maybe the owner knows something I don't. My take away is I am glad I don't have a Husky. I don't care for that kind of temperament.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Crowned Member

Sometimes people let things go on just to catch the video.

Is that a white GSD or a white Siberian?

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

Thomas Jefferson
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineAreWorkingline View Post
Sometimes people let things go on just to catch the video.

Is that a white GSD or a white Siberian?
Good point. I didn't think of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page