Help my 12 week puppy keeps pulling at my sons pants. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Help my 12 week puppy keeps pulling at my sons pants.

Hello all I have a 3 year old non verbal son. When he plays with Sadie she begins to get rough. I know I can't blame it all on her though because my son tends to tease her. Ive tried everything he will stand still but then takes off running and I can't make him understand that it makes it worse. Is there any way I can make Sadie understand that its not ok or get her to ignore him. I am just hoping to find a way to make it stop because I don't want to lose her. My fiance says if I can't find a way to stop it that we may have to give her to a new family
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Crowned Member

First, prevent your son from teasing the dog by not putting the two in that situation. Second, asap, hire a trainer for private training. If you are up to the required management and training, go for it. If you are not, the pup will be better off in a new home, especially now she is till so young. You have to think about the fact that this can easily spin out of control, if it isn't already. Your pup will quickly grow stronger and it will result in more serious aggression. I vote for sanity and harmony in the family and for protecting the soundness of the dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page