German Shepherds Forum banner

Help my 12 week puppy keeps pulling at my sons pants.

485 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wolfy dog 
#1 ·
Hello all I have a 3 year old non verbal son. When he plays with Sadie she begins to get rough. I know I can't blame it all on her though because my son tends to tease her. Ive tried everything he will stand still but then takes off running and I can't make him understand that it makes it worse. Is there any way I can make Sadie understand that its not ok or get her to ignore him. I am just hoping to find a way to make it stop because I don't want to lose her. My fiance says if I can't find a way to stop it that we may have to give her to a new family
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
First, prevent your son from teasing the dog by not putting the two in that situation. Second, asap, hire a trainer for private training. If you are up to the required management and training, go for it. If you are not, the pup will be better off in a new home, especially now she is till so young. You have to think about the fact that this can easily spin out of control, if it isn't already. Your pup will quickly grow stronger and it will result in more serious aggression. I vote for sanity and harmony in the family and for protecting the soundness of the dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.