Does it bother you when your dog sits/lays on you? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Does it bother you when your dog sits/lays on you?

Our dog is at about 53lbs, not the biggest dog out there. Whenever I'm laying on my bed she will come up next to me and lay with half of her body on me. I won't even be able to move my legs at all. I'll tell her excuse me and she knows what I mean, she'll scoot off me but then inch her way back on top of me. If I'm on the ground criss cross, she'll try to sit on my lap, even if she doesn't fit. When she finally accepts that im not going to let her lay or sit me, she sits on the ground/bed next me leaning all her weight on me.

She's always following me around everywhere, which I actually find endearing but when she tries to sit on me, it kind of bugs me. I feel like I can't move my body. Almost like closterphobia? She weighs over a third of my body weight. Do your dogs do this to you and does it bother you? Does she not understand her size?

Ps I love to cuddle my dog when she is next to me, not on me. She will get off me when I ask her to but she tries to be sneaky and does it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:24 PM

my dogs get too hot and move away from me sooner than I'd like them to. It is "wait, now my feet will get cold".
telavivgsd likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief one and a half years old

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Elite Member

Doesn't bother me a bit. I call Shadow my lapdog. Love the cuddles.
After all we have been through she can lay on me anytime she likes.
Sabi was huge and would lay herself across me if she didn't like what was going on. Like if we had people in the house she did not know. Or someone got to close while I was sleeping.
Bud used to try and get inside my jacket if someone fired a gun near him.
My Great Dane used to sit her butt on me while I was sitting down and enjoyed stretching out on top of me in bed. She weighted about what I did so it got a bit uncomfortable but I make it a rule to never get angry about things done with love.
Drodes and Shooter like this.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Elite Member

I think it's funny and cute - she doesn't sit on anyone but my husband or me, luckily - but I also wonder how it is that one dog can have 98,000 elbows.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Master Member

No, I don't mind. I kind of enjoy it, as long as they move if I want them to. I joke that my GSDs both make better lap dogs than my 5-lb papillon did. However, they usually only stay a few minutes and then sit beside me or at my feet. In fact, Levi is lying here with his head across my arm as I type this. If it bothers you though, don't allow it. Most people don't want a big ole GSD in their lap anyway.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

I feel so bad because that it bugs me lol she just wants to cuddle but she literally just ends up on me and then I feel like I can't move.

It doesn't make me angry or anything. Sometimes I find it quite funny. Does she seriously not understand her weight and size? She is quite tenacious about sneaking back on me...
Shooter likes this.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:02 PM

Location: In a small rough cut cabin on the backside of nowhere. My last refuge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
........... I make it a rule to never get angry about things done with love.
Amen sistuh!! That is an awesome rule.
Sabis mom, car2ner, Drodes and 1 others like this.

It is a poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.
President Andrew Jackson
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:10 PM
Crowned Member

Valor is 90 lbs at the moment. If I'm sitting in the computer room he's "ALWAYS" with me. My chair rocks back and is on wheels. He will launch his front part of his body onto my lap and then when he can get my chair to rock back he pushes me all around the room. He's almost pushed me through the window a few times... Also, when I'm watching TV he will sit or lay on my feet and if he really wants attention he'll go around to the back of my chair and put his paws over the back of the chair and put his head next to mine.
Shooter and HollyOllieO like this.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:11 PM

Location: In a small rough cut cabin on the backside of nowhere. My last refuge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaribay805 View Post
Does she seriously not understand her weight and size?
I know lots of things get lost in inter-species communication.

It is a poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.
President Andrew Jackson
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
I know lots of things get lost in inter-species communication.

😂😂😂😭😭😭😭

Your right she obviously does not understand her size.
Shooter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page