Does it bother you when your dog sits/lays on you? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZZNSTR View Post
... Also, when I'm watching TV he will sit or lay on my feet and if he really wants attention he'll go around to the back of my chair and put his paws over the back of the chair and put his head next to mine.
Ranger is just a pup (I know it's different) but he is still hitting 50 lbs. He always wants in the recliner with me. Lemme tell you two fat boys in one recliner is NOT comfortable. (Although when he falls asleep on me and starts snoring it knocks me out.)
I am actually seriously considering building a fat man / big dog semi-chew resistant recliner. You might be a redneck if.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Knighted Member

I like it that he wants to be so close that he chooses to lay in my lap. Even though those elbows are sharp.
Shooter likes this.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:27 PM

I had a 150# Dogue De Bordeaux and he would lay directly on top of my feet. If I was on the floor, he would lay across my stomach lol.
maxtmill and Shooter like this.

Archer

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayzieGSD View Post
I like it that he wants to be so close that he chooses to lay in my lap. Even though those elbows are sharp.
When your dog wants to be near you its because he likes you. (Yup, just like @ Sabis mom was saying. )
Sabis mom likes this.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
When your dog wants to be near you its because he likes you. (Yup, just like @ Sabis mom was saying. )
Reminds me of that saying... I wish I was the person my dog thinks I am.
Dang, quoting myself. I've lost it.

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Elite Member

Newlie lays on me a lot. He will start off the night laying on me, then at some point move away, and then come back on top in the morning. Occasionally, he will also try to sit in my lap. I don't mind any of this a bit, but if you do, then you are well within your rights not to allow it. Newlie has been doing this for some years and, during that time, has weighted somewhere between 70-85 pounds so he is no lightweight. It is not uncomfortable for me, other than the pointy elbows, when he lays across my torso, but I do not allow him to sleep across my knees, that smarts!
Shooter likes this.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Elite Member

Hans considers himself a lapdog.
And never seems to understand all the fuss when I feel like I'm getting squished.
Of course, the Siamese also doesn't seem to understand the little screams of pain when he walks across me with his stilleto heels on...

I swear...that's exactly what it feels like. I'll take dog elbows any old day.
MishkasMom and Shooter like this.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Master Member

I love my dogs to sit or lay on me. However, when our Great Dane sat on my lap, he would back up to me and kind of sit on my lap, while his front half was standing on the floor. He is at the Bridge However, my new Irish Wolfhound rescue is now doing the same thing - all 145 pounds of him!
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Elite Member

Apollo is really our only dog that lays in us. Athena or Rosko will lay their head on you just to acquire a couple pets then their off. However Apollo feels it's his mission to lay on you and try and lick your face as soon as you forget he's about to do it. He's 8 months old but I swear he thinks he's still a 4 month old pup. Big goofball.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Crowned Member

Don't mind it, unless she farts.

Jessica

Molly-GSD DOB: 2/19/07
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner-GSD
Max & Simba- Sheltie Mixes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page