German Shepherds Forum banner

Do dogs just know?

970 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jafo220 
#1 ·
We took all the dogs last night out for one last run before bed and we met a man who have the same idea as us, he was running his friendly happy guy and all the dogs ran around with eachother. I sort of sensed the guy was a bit off if that makes sense. Anyways, he called shiggs over to him and she avoided him like the plague..went in a big circle around his hand, shiggs is very friendly 100% of the time. She is not aloof, she greets anyone with a wagging tail....she even waits for adam our neighbour to get out of his car so she can go over and say hello, and hello is her laying on the ground on her back getting many of rubs lol. It just struck me as so freakin weird that she avoided him, could she of sensed something? bc i sorta did. I know she is not becomming aloof either because she was out doing her daily good morning tour with everyone we passed earlier on.

#2 ·
Absolutely, though she could easily have been picking up on your discomfort and reacted to it

I have to say that neither of my dogs are HA so if they don't like you and I don't see a reason there's gotta be something off and I listen to their instincts.

#7 ·
I know cats are not dogs, but scent is scent. I think they can scent something off certain people and it either excites them or warns them. My cat would not come upstairs for nothing when Rocky was close to passing after a major surgery. It's like he knew, but he could also scenting things like blood etc. That just freaks him out. We went through it again when Cruz had surgery recently. When his drain tube was dripping, the cat was nowhere to be found. Dogs seems to me to be the same way. I think it has a little to do with scenting something that sets off an alarm with them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.