German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Behavior (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-behavior/)
-   -   Lifting leg to spray?? Shiloh. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-behavior/448322-lifting-leg-spray-shiloh.html)

misslesleedavis1 05-09-2014 06:00 PM

Lifting leg to spray?? Shiloh.

Shiloh lifts her leg to urinate, she also sprays trees, she is spayed but is that normal? Today while I was folding laundry she mounted tyson and well ...humped him..tyson instantly removed himself and went right into his crate. I do not know if females are suppose to spray trees and carry on with males..any advice or opinions are welcomed. It seems like a strange thing for a girl dog to mount a dude.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

SuperG 05-09-2014 06:10 PM

Sounds like you have one studly bitch.

SuperG

ApselBear 05-09-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 5497458)
Shiloh lifts her leg to urinate, she also sprays trees, she is spayed but is that normal? Today while I was folding laundry she mounted tyson and well ...humped him..tyson instantly removed himself and went right into his crate. I do not know if females are suppose to spray trees and carry on with males..any advice or opinions are welcomed. It seems like a strange thing for a girl dog to mount a dude.

I don't know about the spraying necessarily, but I've seen them mount males, I just assumed it was a dominance issue.

misslesleedavis1 05-09-2014 06:40 PM

Jeeze she has been spraying a long time but today with the mounting I was taken back, aspelbear, when she did it tyson was just standing there, it was a sneak humpy attack, she has established that she runs the show with tyson and dexter already, they dont cross her. She has got a weird relationship with tyson, she shares scraps with him, a previous thread was about that.

HarleyTheGSD 05-09-2014 06:52 PM

I've seen females lift a leg to urinate. And the humping thing is just dominance.
My family's female humps Harley all the time, and he lets her. But I don't. She's a bad girl.

misslesleedavis1 05-09-2014 07:27 PM

I seem to have an interesting collection of pets.

SummerGSDLover 05-11-2014 02:56 PM

My female lab will go at a male dogs face. Lol

*-*Summer*-*

BowWowMeow 05-11-2014 05:13 PM

Chama lifted her leg to pee if she was marking. She also humped other dogs. It's a dominance thing.

Harry and Lola 05-11-2014 07:23 PM

I'm still waiting for my 3yo male GSD to lift his leg - he continues to pee like a girl!

Anubis_Star 05-11-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry and Lola (Post 5504978)
I'm still waiting for my 3yo male GSD to lift his leg - he continues to pee like a girl!

If he's neutered, a 3 year old dog will never start lifting to pee. You have a squatter