What does your dog do around the house between out times? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What does your dog do around the house between out times?

When not playing for example - mine spends a lot sleeping.

She also gets into this bored looking position a lot. She goes out a lot of times during the day - about 6 times.....

Thanks.
gsdemack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

My dog sleeps, but when he is awake and I am not playing with him or feeding him...he just stares at me! Lol
Tratkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Watches Dog TV, incessantly.

Yea, I know, kinda stupid, but we tried it on a free trial and the dog dialed in and loves it SO much the husband added it to our channel lineup for "his" special buddy dog. I work from home and it is actually decent to have on while I work as there is not plot or audio to screw up my medical transcribing. I threaten to remove it and the dog and husband go up in arms so I leave it alone. Husband pays that bill.
Cara Fusinato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sleeps. Plays fetch inside. Plays scent games with me We spend time training too, and she gets a bone/rawhide to chew once every other day. She also gently herds the cat off the counter/away from window screens (didn't even teach her to do this - she just saw us doing it & started helping out!) and watches every step I take. Oh, she also protects me from the toilet and shower monsters :P
lovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Sleeps, plays with her toys, fetch and bites the children. We spend a lot of time in the backyard where she does pretty much the same exact thing.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
ZoeD1217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

He follows me room to room and has a spot that he likes to lay in each room. If I stay in one room for longer than 10 minutes or so, he naps. He loves the front porch if im sitting in the rocker.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Right now they're either napping or pretending to be. 15 minutes ago they were wrestling. If I move, they'll both spring into action blocking my way from the office to the kitchen.

They spend a lot of time nibbling on eachothers feet and heads. She also likes to cuddle up against him chewing on a kong or her rope, or chasing her squeaky ball from the office into the kitchen. He's almost 6, he finally likes to just chill out and have a good stretch on the rug.

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
SunCzarina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Bane is 7 months old. When inside. He sleeps, follows me everywhere I go, he will grab the house broom a couple times a day to rough it up. He loves that thing. Follows our 2 year old son around everywhere waiting for him to drop some food. Our 2 year old loves slipping him "treats".. Bane has even "taught" our 2 year old how to drink out of his water bowl like a dog. Gnaws on my ankles to try and initiate play. Recently, he tore the toilet seat off the toilet, found a bottle of coconut oil and helped hisself. His stools were very bad for a day or 2. We crate him a couple times a day so he can get some alone time.

His adolescence stage has def kicked in. Very ornery. We try to always supervise him, but it never fails, the baby will get our attention and he strikes.

At times I want to strangle him, but he is a lot of fun. It makes me smile when I look back to these days. Learning many lessons along the way. He is a very determined dog. A lot of times I'm like "how did he do that or get that?"
Jmoore728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

My dogs are 7 years and 11 months. The older one sleeps a lot, or lays where he can watch out the front window. The pup follows me everywhere. They sometimes end up on the floor with each other playing "Snappy Face". You can probably guess what that game is all about. They will also go stick their faces in the cat's personal space and see what they are up to.
OrangeJillius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Location: From England but have been living in New Zealand for 7 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJillius View Post
They sometimes end up on the floor with each other playing "Snappy Face". You can probably guess what that game is all about.
Yes, I can, and what a great name for it...love it!
"Comrie" and "Mouse" cats 7 and 3 years

Still missing my shadow "Oscar" the most faithful dalmatian 01/02/02 - 16/03/12
Charlie W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.