German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Behavior (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-behavior/)
-   -   What does your dog do around the house between out times? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-behavior/439353-what-does-your-dog-do-around-house-between-out-times.html)

gsdemack 04-16-2014 08:11 PM

What does your dog do around the house between out times?

When not playing for example - mine spends a lot sleeping.

She also gets into this bored looking position a lot. She goes out a lot of times during the day - about 6 times.....

Thanks.

Tratkins 04-16-2014 08:36 PM

My dog sleeps, but when he is awake and I am not playing with him or feeding him...he just stares at me! Lol

Cara Fusinato 04-16-2014 09:08 PM

Watches Dog TV, incessantly.

Yea, I know, kinda stupid, but we tried it on a free trial and the dog dialed in and loves it SO much the husband added it to our channel lineup for "his" special buddy dog. I work from home and it is actually decent to have on while I work as there is not plot or audio to screw up my medical transcribing. I threaten to remove it and the dog and husband go up in arms so I leave it alone. Husband pays that bill.

lovemygirl 04-16-2014 09:29 PM

Sleeps. Plays fetch inside. Plays scent games with me :D We spend time training too, and she gets a bone/rawhide to chew once every other day. She also gently herds the cat off the counter/away from window screens (didn't even teach her to do this - she just saw us doing it & started helping out!) and watches every step I take. Oh, she also protects me from the toilet and shower monsters :P

ZoeD1217 04-16-2014 09:42 PM

Sleeps, plays with her toys, fetch and bites the children. We spend a lot of time in the backyard where she does pretty much the same exact thing.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Curtis 04-16-2014 09:48 PM

He follows me room to room and has a spot that he likes to lay in each room. If I stay in one room for longer than 10 minutes or so, he naps. He loves the front porch if im sitting in the rocker.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

SunCzarina 04-16-2014 10:39 PM

Right now they're either napping or pretending to be. 15 minutes ago they were wrestling. If I move, they'll both spring into action blocking my way from the office to the kitchen.

They spend a lot of time nibbling on eachothers feet and heads. She also likes to cuddle up against him chewing on a kong or her rope, or chasing her squeaky ball from the office into the kitchen. He's almost 6, he finally likes to just chill out and have a good stretch on the rug.

Jmoore728 04-17-2014 12:18 AM

Bane is 7 months old. When inside. He sleeps, follows me everywhere I go, he will grab the house broom a couple times a day to rough it up. He loves that thing. Follows our 2 year old son around everywhere waiting for him to drop some food. Our 2 year old loves slipping him "treats".. Bane has even "taught" our 2 year old how to drink out of his water bowl like a dog. Gnaws on my ankles to try and initiate play. Recently, he tore the toilet seat off the toilet, found a bottle of coconut oil and helped hisself. His stools were very bad for a day or 2. We crate him a couple times a day so he can get some alone time.

His adolescence stage has def kicked in. Very ornery. We try to always supervise him, but it never fails, the baby will get our attention and he strikes.

At times I want to strangle him, but he is a lot of fun. It makes me smile when I look back to these days. Learning many lessons along the way. He is a very determined dog. A lot of times I'm like "how did he do that or get that?"

OrangeJillius 04-17-2014 12:26 AM

My dogs are 7 years and 11 months. The older one sleeps a lot, or lays where he can watch out the front window. The pup follows me everywhere. They sometimes end up on the floor with each other playing "Snappy Face". You can probably guess what that game is all about. They will also go stick their faces in the cat's personal space and see what they are up to.

Charlie W 04-17-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeJillius (Post 5389049)
They sometimes end up on the floor with each other playing "Snappy Face". You can probably guess what that game is all about.

Yes, I can, and what a great name for it...love it!