German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Behavior (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-behavior/)
-   -   Vet Visit (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-behavior/383018-vet-visit.html)

HarleyTheGSD 12-17-2013 12:05 PM

Vet Visit

How does your dog act at the vet's office?
Excited, indifferent, aggressive, scared...etc?

Sp00ks 12-17-2013 12:13 PM

All of our dogs were fine at the vet. Maybe a little nervous but all liked the actual vet. They would race to the door after getting out of the car. All the tech's raved about all our dogs so they got attention from everyone when we went.

Excited to answer your question.

wyominggrandma 12-17-2013 12:16 PM

My girl loves the vet. Has no issues at all. Course she loves everyone she meets...

Phantom 12-17-2013 12:22 PM

Usually excited in the office. A little scared in the back( the vet made her cry once cleaning an ear with a bit of an infection and she hasn't liked it since then) After I noticed this I have been bring treats with me and doing obedience when I can. I'm hoping that helps.

Shade 12-17-2013 12:27 PM

Delgado loves his vet, he gets down on the ground and lets Delgado lick his face and ears during the exam and babytalks to him. The staff is very friendly and nice, and they always have yummy treats handy so what's not to like :) He apparently behaved very well when I left him for the day for his neuter and every tech came out to say goodbye to him when it was time for him to go home

I do my best to always make it a positive experience and neither of my dogs have issues with the vet or the clinic so it's paid off very well.

middleofnowhere 12-17-2013 01:23 PM

They do fine and love it unless the vet starts cooing.... My dogs are sure something horrid is wrong if vets coo.

HarleyTheGSD 12-17-2013 01:43 PM

Great! Was very excited to view replies.:)

ladyb 12-17-2013 01:44 PM

My girl LOVES the vet!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Zeeva 12-17-2013 01:48 PM

Mine do not do so well. I have taken them together and Smokey began to do flips on his prong when the doctor tried to do the body check. They are usually muzzled although when I took Zeeva by herself, she simply tried to hide behind me. When I asked her to sit nicely so the vet could look at a 'bump' on her neck, she trembled but she actually lengthened her neck and moved her head to the side for the doctor to examine...

TrickyShepherd 12-17-2013 04:43 PM

Duke and Zira could care less. They like to meet people, but know the vet usually isn't very fun. They are not aggressive though, nor are they scared. They are just not as bubbly about the situation.

Storm LOVES our vet and is very excited at the vet. We've been working on calming her down when we get there because she always works herself up so much that her ears turn beat red, eyes go bloodshot, and she feels hot to the touch after the wait in the front office. She's ridiculous there. It's strange, because that's the only place she gets like that. Never had a dog that loved the vets office so much. She's a weird one.

All 3 behave very well for the vet check though, and are great patients. The office staff adore them. No aggression from anyone.