Aggresive GS - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Aggresive GS

Saw this article today, thought you want to read.

Goose's Gentle Touch Turns Aggressive German Shepherd Into Playful Dog (PHOTOS)
zgil86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I love unlikely animal friends as much as the next person, but what were the odds of that one working out?

Geese can be mean as ****. My grandmother used to have some that would guard the front door to her house. I still hate them to this day because they would chase me and bite me. Was afraid of them then (they were as tall as I was at the time so it's like a little feathered dinosaur trying to kill you.) They went after full grown adults too. My dad tried feeding them with a plastic bowl of popcorn and after the food was gone they turned on him and he ended up having to use the bowl to defend himself against them.
Baillif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baillif View Post
My dad tried feeding them with a plastic bowl of popcorn and after the food was gone they turned on him and he ended up having to use the bowl to defend himself against them.
I know it wasn't funny at the time, but that visual is hilarious
Old 12-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Was funny at the time (at least when they went after dad not so much when they were going for me) to me and still is. More recently is a park in Raleigh where geese hang out and I've seen three hold and entire family hostage on a little island in the pond accessible only by a bridge that the geese were guarding. I went after them as I was a lot bigger then to get a little pay back.

I feel a little guilty admitting this but I used to actively encourage my lab to scare the crap out of them at the lake. I kind of hold a grudge.

The male bull geese are nuts too. A ton of fight in them for a bird. You ding them with a plastic bowl you'd think they retreat but they press that attack like they were trained to.

Last edited by Baillif; 12-06-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Baillif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

We used to canoe a river by me that also had a canoe rental place. I love feathers and one day there were at least 10 maybe more beautiful long geese feathers floating in a cove. I had my husband get me close enough to scoop them all up. There were 2 geese watching and of course they headed our way, pretty quickly. All my husband kept saying is you better hurry up their comming. Let me tell you I never paddled so fast, and the geese kept following us up river. My husband said they want their feathers back, I might have throw one back but finally they stopped following us.
My husband used to love telling the rental people the geese love when you feed them.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.