Won't stop following us around - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

My 7 month old male follows me every where also. If I close the bathroom door when I come out he's laying there waiting for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Jd414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang View Post
The problem with Sib..AGAIN those bad house manners..is that she goes first..if she starts as a follow she will push ahead and go first...I know I know this is a dominance thing..but how to break her...that I don't know..She will wait at the door to go out or come in, but must be reminded most times...i believe the fact that my dad, who is with her every day I work, does not enforce ANY rules on her..."Jusy let her be a dog, FCOL"..Gotta love em
I guess I got a little off subject there..fact is ..where I go Sib goes...I like it that way most times...same behaviour as most of you have mentioned..waiting outside the bathroom door etc..sorry for the misdirection...
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #33 (permalink)

That's a Shepherd ! Alll of mine follow me around all the time. When I go to the bathroom they are both waiting outside the door and then follow me to where I am. They are VERY loyal dogs and LOVE for their owners...a real Velcro dog, as they say!
GSDMUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to zivagirl

The Velcro nature actually appeals to me. I am a patient advocate (private), and part of my goal is to have my GSD come to work with me. Once I get to know my girl, of course.
zivagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

I wouldn't want to have a dog that didn't want to be with me. In fact, if they didn't follow me, I would become the velcro because I don't trust them in another room by themselves until they are OLD. *grin*
Galathiel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
Master Member

Spirit follows me everywhere also. If he's sleeping and I leave the room, he wakes up and follows me. I always know where he is and, except for when I'm away from home, he always knows where I am.

I like it that way
Jo Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #37 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wolfie just turned 3 years old, and he follows us everywhere. If I don't let him in the bathroom with me, he pretends that there is someone at the door, to make me come running out. I only fell for that twice. LOL!
Wolfiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #38 (permalink)

Default Won't stop following us around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galathiel View Post
I wouldn't want to have a dog that didn't want to be with me. In fact, if they didn't follow me, I would become the velcro because I don't trust them in another room by themselves until they are OLD. *grin*
So true if she's not by my side I know that she is up to no good. Usually I go an check on her and see that ahe actually is stealing, counter Surfing etc in a matter of minutes
lmaoo

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sasha86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha86 View Post
So true if she's not by my side I know that she is up to no good. Usually I go an check on her and see that ahe actually is stealing, counter Surfing etc in a matter of minutes
lmao
Yep, in the span of about 5 minutes this morning, Spirit chewed up the toilet paper roll, the plunger and my bath sponge.
Jo Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #40 (permalink)

Jerry follows me everywhere. I thought of this thread last night when I was bringing hot water from the bathroom to the kitchen (dishwasher is broken and being fixed today, we had to turn the hot water in the kitchen off to pull it out and I needed to wash dishes) and he followed me back and forth for all four trips. Even if he looks super comfortable on his bed, he'll still get up and follow me if I leave the room. He's pretty good about staying out of the way, for such a big dog.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.