keeps pushing food bowl away - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #41 (permalink)

yeah i have, but i travel quite a bit and i stick my guy in a pet hotel, so it gets a bit difficult to get them to make sure they are feeding him correctly, and road trips become a problem :/ i would love to feed raw though.
hvtopiwala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvtopiwala View Post
yeah i have, but i travel quite a bit and i stick my guy in a pet hotel, so it gets a bit difficult to get them to make sure they are feeding him correctly, and road trips become a problem :/ i would love to feed raw though.
Reading over yor thread and someone touched on the ongoing bowel issues...so I glanced at how many threads you have started regarding, I didn't read them...now I have to say, from the time I got my dog at 1yr. old until 4.25yrs. old, I had this exact recurring problem, he wouldn't eat, he had chronic diarrhea and soft stool...I did the parasite test and the tylan and metradonzole (sp.?), anti-diarrhea shots, appetite stimulents...added in canned food to entice, worked for a bit but made stoools worse....while this goes on and on, the conventional vet said no way - NO human food...

I researched raw, but only knew of the pitcairn way - which was "the WAY too complicated" and I was doubtful I could make it balanced (I think he was trying to make a natural based on kibble formula).

Finally went to a holistic vet and she said dog food? NO way - give him people food - meat...bones, low fat and a pancreatin d-zyme...I made the change abruptly - no topping kibble with raw, next day - best poop he ever had...

You can do honest kitchen dehydrated when on the road, raw at home.
But I would do this sooner then later as malabsorption and not eating is cause for future concerns in all process's of the body - muscle, joint, neuro, heart, all organ systems.

Your dog is pushing the bowl away because he is sick - dogs don't eat when they are sick - there is something wrong with his digestion and he needs natural approach - this he is telling you as much.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #43 (permalink)

hmm can i just use honest kitchen overall?

if he does have a stomach upset, why is he gobbling up canned food? or is he scared that kibble will make him sick again? his stool has been perfect while hes been on Acana, it was only recently he got sick and it was bad...
hvtopiwala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.