Discrimination against dog breeds... By dogs? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My two are attracted to other GSDs. Riley won't tolerate Saint Bernards. He was pretty violently attacked by one at our local dog park years ago. Shasta is generally fine with all other breeds but she prefers playing with other GSDs or smaller dogs. Riley isn't real tolerant of other dogs but he'll occassionally play... all bets are off is a Saint is around though.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

It's funny people mentioned Golden Retrievers as a problem dog because my previous GSD absolutely loved them, so much so that when we were getting a second dog we got a Golden Retriever.

My current female loves GSDs but that could be because she has spent so much time around them. Apart from them, she seems to go for personality over breed type... at the dog park if none of her friends are there, she'll say hi to them all and pick a dog to hang out with, which can be big, small, old, young, male, female etc. There's really no common physical attribute so it has to be personality she's going for.

My boys only 17 weeks old so I'm not sure if he has a preference. At this stage he doesn't seem to be all that interested in other dogs (apart from my female).
Ziltoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Juno has a major dislike of Boxers. But that is because she's had several bad experiences with a couple local Boxers that were extremely aggressive with her. (I wonder does that make her a racist against Boxers? lol)

She is tolerant of Labradors, but tends to be a little wary. Again..due to a bad experience with a Lab in her training class.

She loves Lurchers, Sheepdogs, and Goldens though.
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
Juno has a major dislike of Boxers. But that is because she's had several bad experiences with a couple local Boxers that were extremely aggressive with her. (I wonder does that make her a racist against Boxers? lol)

She is tolerant of Labradors, but tends to be a little wary. Again..due to a bad experience with a Lab in her training class.

She loves Lurchers, Sheepdogs, and Goldens though.
Lol not at all. It makes her BREEDIST!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It's really interesting that you posted this, because my puppy seems to be reactive to pitbulls.

I asked her breeder if it's possible that dogs don't like certain breeds and she said it can be. Especially breeds like that where they kind of have their chest sticking out (their natural posture) looks like they are posturing?

It's actually really frustrating as in my Grade 2 class the trainers model dog is a pitbull and my dog freaks out about him. To the point that the trainer is making a point of bringing him to class so we can work on it and I may take a private class too. :/

He's not the only pitbull she's reacted to either, it's really weird.
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wow! That's how Koda was over all dogs but GSDs during her reactive stage. But it's interesting your pup also dislikes pits.
Your comment about their build may be part of why though. It makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.