How long for blaze to settle - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How long for blaze to settle

Hi, I have 2 huskies, 6 month old male and a 5 month old female, 2 days ago I rehomed blaze who is a 16 month old gsd, we done all the normal introducing, like going to a park, I trouncing them a bit at a time, brought him home and he seemed fine, he has started growling at my eldest husky and has had a few disagreements with him...he promptly goes and hides under the table, my husky has submitted to him totally but he will still go up and growl at him, on the other hand he will lay beside him sometimes and lick his mouth, he does the same with my female husky but tries to mount her constantly, she is rather grumpy and growls at him quite a lot but he just walks away.

He has never shown any sign of aggression towards us or other people since we got him, he is obedient, I just need to say his name and he will be at my side, if I tell him off, ears go down and he will lay at my feet.

In general they get on fine, now I don't t think its aggression on his part at all, he can be quite nervous, and maybe just needing more time to settle in....

Any thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
Loraine S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

is your female spayed? She may be coming into heat and he senses it, so he's going to get nasty with your other male dog.

Is Blaze neutered? If not, you might want to think about doing it, not that it will change his temperament, but it might cut down on his hormones (you said he's mounting your female)

I personally, would STOP and discourage the mounting of your female..May be behavioral, may be hormonal.

I would not leave them alone unsupervised, some times 3 is a crowd

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hi Diane,

Thank you for that, Meeshka is not spayed, she is 5 months old at the moment so not sure when her season will start, but blaze is constantly mounting her,I do tell him "off" and he will stop immediately, Meeshka will tell him off also and he just runs away....

I am going to get Blaze neutered, I do thnk the slight aggression towards my other dog is Meeshka, he is not a nasty dog by any means, he is gorgeous and fantastic with us and the kids, sometimes he will go up to my other dog and lick him and then Keizer submits and other times he will just walk past him and growl, or lie in his bed and growl at him for no apparent reason....hopefully we can get it sorted and live a harmonious life....lol
Loraine S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.