Dog is fighting with my other dog - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

he is a little over a year now and the boxer is three
arizona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

and to be clear im not getting another dog,my gsd is hand full enough for me with the energy
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona View Post
and to be clear im not getting another dog,my gsd is hand full enough for me with the energy
Arizona did u look at youtube vids?
kelina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

lol yeah you are right about that he LOOOOVES his toys almost to an obsessive point im actually kinda surprised he isnt starting it he loves them so much hes so high drive on toys its not funny more then iv ever seen any shepherd be
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

yeah i did they are fighting for sure.the boxer does not bleed like i said but i can see where she is missing hair where he got her
Old 11-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah i did they are fighting for sure.the boxer does not bleed like i said but i can see where she is missing hair where he got her
Awe. Best thing to do is separate them then. Leave one outside or just take them to a trainer. The gsd will need to learn how to socialize.

As for the toys haha yeah. You cant take that away.
kelina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
lol yeah you are right about that he LOOOOVES his toys almost to an obsessive point im actually kinda surprised he isnt starting it he loves them so much hes so high drive on toys its not funny more then iv ever seen any shepherd be
This is exactly why they shouldn't be allowed to have toys together... play drive isn't a bad thing and can be used for your benefit but can cause trouble for sure with other dogs around. It may be also that your boy is so obsessed with the toys that it feels out of control for the boxer and she's trying to snap him out of his frenzy. And just to clarify, since apparently taking toys would be equated with taking someones child, this only means no toys when the dogs are together, not no toys period.

Tango, lab mix 10/01/2000
Scarlett, cattle dog mix 04/01/2007
Sasha, GSD 02/01/2008
sashadog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ok so I have a male gsd of course ,and my girlfriend has a boxer female ,every time we put a toy down even two for each ,the boxer goes at my gsd he runs away or try's anyway tell she won't leave him alone then he gets mad and they go at it every time is the same he wins and walks away but then she goes back at him again and he puts her down again it's getting to the point were she is getting hurt but she just won't leave him alone and now it's starting to happen anytime even when there is nothing going on ,what can I do to make her stop so he does not hurt her anymore??? I understand they have to set rules for each other and set who is boss and all but it's getting to bad I don't want them hurt...
I tried to read your message and, maybe it is just me, but I found it very hard to follow. Maybe a little punctuation might help folks like me to better understand what you are trying to say?
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Ok so I have a male gsd of course ,and my girlfriend has a boxer female ,every time we put a toy down even two for each ,the boxer goes at my gsd he runs away or try's anyway tell she won't leave him alone then he gets mad and they go at it every time is the same he wins and walks away but then she goes back at him again and he puts her down again it's getting to the point were she is getting hurt but she just won't leave him alone and now it's starting to happen anytime even when there is nothing going on ,what can I do to make her stop so he does not hurt her anymore??? I understand they have to set rules for each other and set who is boss and all but it's getting to bad I don't want them hurt...

Here's what I am reading, you have two dogs, both top dogs in their respective households, perhaps coddled and spoiled a bit - it happens in the best households, putting them together with resources - something they have never shared before and expecting them to share. It will not happen naturally. Not without vigilance on the part of the humans and possible bloodshed on the part of the dogs.
Dogs should work it out, but sometimes they cannot. You have to teach them. Keep them separate, establish for them a pecking order. One dog always receives it's toy first, always receives it's treat first. You or your gf are the leader, you determine which dog is Gamma, you or gf are alpha, next human is beta and then which dog is Gamma. When thedogs cannot do it, we do it. Beyond that, rotate until they can or will learn, young dogs with much older dogs always requires human intervention, same aged dogs, they just need guidance.
ozzymama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

yeah sorry bout that did a few from my phone...i also have another question that i did post in the right place but has got nothing so far,kodak (mine) had a hot spot that the vet shaved.and i really want to know when all his fur will be back.have any of you guys had your dogs shaved (more like a buzz cut) for any reason and maybe know how long it takes to grow back?i really do not like him not having a perfect coat anymore lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.