Dog is fighting with my other dog - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona View Post
and i DO NOT let them do it i brake it up and keep braking it up i dont know what else to do but stop it i dont want to just stop i want to prevent thats why i posted,not to get picked on
How do yu know they are fighting???? Play fighting and fighting look diff. But seem similar if you are not use to it.
kelina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

it sure seemed like it all i was seeing is you shouldnt be letting this happen and its wrong well i know that much what i needed to know is how to stop it and keep it stopped iv had the same problem with other dogs but they stopped after i set the rules this boxer just dont care
arizona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
It is inexcuseable to be letting these dogs fight. Your poor dog is desperately trying to back down and not fight, but the other dog keeps at him. You are the top dog and if you want peace on the home front, you MUST NOT let this continue.

You have to step in the second you hear their tone and/or body language changes and put a stop to it. If you know they are fighting over toys, don't allow toys when they are together. If need be, keep the dogs separated entirely if they can't get along.

Take away toys for good?! Wth?! No.. just take them away until they learn U are the top dog..
Old 11-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

i know for sure its a fight.the boxer (who starts it) always gives vary short signs and then goes for him so i started getting to her before she gets to him you know and then he for some reason thinks im holding her for him and then he starts it granted thats the only time he does start it but still and big dogs i only have so many hands!lol
arizona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla

The 2 dogs have been fighting with each other long enough now, it will be difficult or impossible for them to tolerate each other now. Possibly with a trainers help you may be able to reverse this. Since we are unable to see the dogs behavior that is the best advice.

Meanwhile, keep the 2 dogs separated - crate and rotate. They are crate trained right? If you have to have them out together, only do so if they are under complete control. They get toys, treats and fed separately and/or in the crate.

Again, get a trainer involved ASAP. You will learn to handle the dogs and avoid what is leading up to severe injuries or worse.
Twyla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
it sure seemed like it all i was seeing is you shouldnt be letting this happen and its wrong well i know that much what i needed to know is how to stop it and keep it stopped iv had the same problem with other dogs but they stopped after i set the rules this boxer just dont care
Boxers are smart... I had boxer.

Tell your gf to make the boxer stop. Shes the owner not you. The dog will listen to her more then it listening to you.

Your gsd is obviously okay bc yu said it goes back to play w. The boxer..

Dont worry! Go on youtube and see videos of dog playing! Then compare that to what yu are experiencing.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
i know for sure its a fight.the boxer (who starts it) always gives vary short signs and then goes for him so i started getting to her before she gets to him you know and then he for some reason thinks im holding her for him and then he starts it granted thats the only time he does start it but still and big dogs i only have so many hands!lol
Lmao! Trust me on this one.. either the boxer is not good at socializing or he is just a really hyper dog.

My female shep scares me when she play fights with my male shep. She growls, bites, jumps, and her fur goes all up but he is fine and he plays right on her level!

If your gsd goes back to the boxer after "fighting" then its play fightin..

Especially since you never stated the gsd bleeds... does it?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelina View Post
Take away toys for good?! Wth?! No.. just take them away until they learn U are the top dog..
Sometimes toys need to be taken away for good when the dogs are together... If it's something that starts fights, why on earth would you insist on having toys with both dogs?

Tango, lab mix 10/01/2000
Scarlett, cattle dog mix 04/01/2007
Sasha, GSD 02/01/2008
sashadog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashadog View Post
Sometimes toys need to be taken away for good when the dogs are together... If it's something that starts fights, why on earth would you insist on having toys with both dogs?

Because taking away their toys is like taking away your phone, your baby (in some cases) or even something you enjoy playing with!

Its not a dogs fault they become protective over it...

Like I said take away the toy until they are submissive then return the toy.

My dogs are perfectly fine with it. At first it was a problem and now my female is totally fine with my male taking her toys abd vice versa.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

Question

this is a very bad time to get another dog you have to stop it or it will end up getting hurt okay?

ALso your dog is not an adult you said your dog is 9 months that is NOT an adult

how old is the boxer female?
pets4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.