Licking other dog's pee.....why? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned

Please, oh please, someone tell me why an intact male would be interested in the pee of a spayed adult female? I've actually been looking for this answer for months now! Sorry to be a pest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle View Post
Please, oh please, someone tell me why an intact male would be interested in the pee of a spayed adult female? I've actually been looking for this answer for months now! Sorry to be a pest!
I've always wondered that too, except Mikko is fixed too. At first, I thought he was only doing the foaming/chattering for intact female urine, but I'm not sure.

ADCH Mikko (USDAA) SCH-B; (NADAC) EAC, EJC, TN-E, TG-E, VerO; (AKC) NAJ, CGC; (NACSW) NW1 - 9 year old GSD

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO View Post
I've always wondered that too, except Mikko is fixed too. At first, I thought he was only doing the foaming/chattering for intact female urine, but I'm not sure.
Well that is interesting. My neutered male doesn't do this. Only the intact one.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla
I'll jump in the line of interest as well. Woolf has started this as well with Shadow, both altered.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Crowned Member

My intact male does it to most female dogs urine. I tell him it's because he's a big old pervert.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

you know carmpack, you always take the fun out of
our rookie, don't know squat answers. /LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
analysing scent . appreciating the finer nuances.
there is something in the anatomy of the vault of the mouth, an organ , which receives scent and adds to the information the nose would pick up.

sometimes when dogs track they will track open mouth .
Birch-Bark Hill: Dogs Working Scent/Open Mouth & Licking

our senses are no where as developed but we will swirl and smell brandy , then taste , hold in mouth for full experience of the complexity .

Carmen
CARMSPACK.com
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Crowned Member

The male will lick the pee of a female, checking for all of what Carmen said. Who is here? How old? Healthy? Near breeding time? And usually he will lift his leg on or near the spot to leave his message to any other male callers: "Big, strong Cassanova has already chosen this bitch, so clear out!"

A neutered dog may or may not be driven to examine urine -- the uterine horns and bladder share some plumbing so one can tell more than just a little about a bitch in question. It probably depends on how strong his drive to pro-create was prior to the neuter, and how strong his instincts are; but that is just a guess.

A dog can gather more information from the urine than just how close a bitch is to estrus. So a dog that is interested, might be interested, but what happens after he lifts his head out of it. Is he dragging you along looking for the bitch in question, or is he just looking for the next object of interest -- I think that would depend on how ready the intact bitch was.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Hepzibah
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
The male will lick the pee of a female, checking for all of what Carmen said. Who is here? How old? Healthy? Near breeding time? And usually he will lift his leg on or near the spot to leave his message to any other male callers: "Big, strong Cassanova has already chosen this bitch, so clear out!"

A neutered dog may or may not be driven to examine urine -- the uterine horns and bladder share some plumbing so one can tell more than just a little about a bitch in question. It probably depends on how strong his drive to pro-create was prior to the neuter, and how strong his instincts are; but that is just a guess.
Haha I'm really going to be a pest now, but I can't help it, I have the taste of possible knowledge pushing me on... My intact male is so interested in the spayed female's urine.. yet, he lives with them. He is around them every day, every night. He surely has everything about them figured out, yet he still desires to lick their urine. He still desires to smell their girly parts. He's a real pest sometimes with this! In fact, I had to make a command for this problem -- "NO SNIFF!"

I just own a major horndog, don't I?
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Crowned Member

Well, boys will be boys.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Hepzibah
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Crowned Member

Q: Licking other dog's pee.....why?

A: Because they can!

I just couldn't resist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page