German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Fun and Games Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/fun-games-room/)
-   -   Misinformation Thursday (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/fun-games-room/423314-misinformation-thursday.html)

Baillif 03-12-2014 02:57 PM

Misinformation Thursday

I'm feeling especially sarcastic and bored this week so I decided to make a little game for myself. Anyone can post a dog training or behavior question here and every Thursday I will give you a fun humor filled but terribly misinformed answer to the question that you will probably see given as real advice at some point somewhere in the future. I might even use paragraphs.;)

Someone at some point will probably think this is real advice so disclaimer ahead of time...dont try this ever

Zeeva 03-12-2014 03:00 PM

LOL! How fun! C:

Ok let me see/start...but do I really have to wait till Thursday for the answer?!?

Zeeva is scared of fireworks. How do I desensitize her to them?

shepherdmom 03-12-2014 03:00 PM

What is the best way to socialize a puppy?

misslesleedavis1 03-12-2014 03:01 PM

Oh Baillif, i feel my dog is a dud..of epic proportion. He looks great but acts like a pansy most of the time, how can i change that lol.

sechattin 03-12-2014 03:08 PM

Haha, this thread should be fun. Hmm, my puppy doesn't respond to me at the dog park when he's playing with other dogs. How do I get him to pay more attention to me while he's playing?

Lark 03-12-2014 03:08 PM

He looks great but acts like a pansy most of the time, how can i change that lol.

Ha! That seriously sounds like my dog! Lucky for him I love wussity animals.

misslesleedavis1 03-12-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lark (Post 5185434)
He looks great but acts like a pansy most of the time, how can i change that lol.

Ha! That seriously sounds like my dog! Lucky for him I love wussity animals.

lol i do love him tooo but i thought this was the sarcasm and crappy question thread lol

glowingtoadfly 03-12-2014 03:16 PM

Oh, man I need to laugh about this after all the well meaning advice. My dog used to leave bruises when she mouthed me. She's been getting better, but still occasionally nips when she doesnt want to be touched or pulled away
from doing something. How do I extinguish the behavior? You can make fun of me for singing to her if you want in your answer lol.

KathrynApril 03-12-2014 03:26 PM

My puppy is constantly humping his blanket, the air, his toys, people's legs. He seems to do it when he is excited. How can I get him to stop?

Also, my other dog always seems to be scooting on the carpet. I hear it might have something to do with anal glands. Any advise on how to get him to stop scooting?

LOL you have a lot of "scenarios" provided.

Zeeva 03-12-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathrynApril (Post 5185634)
My puppy is constantly humping his blanket, the air, his toys, people's legs. He seems to do it when he is excited. How can I get him to stop?

Also, my other dog always seems to be scooting on the carpet. I hear it might have something to do with anal glands. Any advise on how to get him to stop scooting?

LOL you have a lot of "scenarios" provided.

Haha! Good one!

You are going to regret this on Thursday when you have to reply to every single post ;)

Have fun! Yay!