German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Fun and Games Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/fun-games-room/)
-   -   Dog shaming (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/fun-games-room/380474-dog-shaming.html)

FortheLoveofChari 12-12-2013 06:16 PM

Dog shaming

Some dog shaming pics are hilarious, but the guilty dogs are pretty funny too...

selzer 12-12-2013 06:32 PM

I got through half of it. I don't find it funny at all. People leave their improperly trained dogs out and then berate them for chewing on stuff. The dogs are showing signs of avoidance and stress, and some are cowering. They have no clue what they are being admonished for. All they know is that their person is really upset with them.

I use my voice to give a correction. Training requires properly timed feedback, rewards and corrections, to get a desired behavior, and to distinguish undesireable behaviors. If my dog cowered and showed their belly, that would make me feel ashamed and tell me that I was way over board.

I see no humor in making fun of dogs at the expense of dogs. The misbehavior is due to poor management and training on the part of the owners. Shaming the dogs is compounding their failure.

FortheLoveofChari 12-12-2013 07:03 PM

yes I see that perspective. I don't do anything that is done in the video, and I was just trying to lighten the mood on things.

Some of it ridiculous...I didn't watch all of it either...

sorry..

Msmaria 12-12-2013 07:11 PM

Some people just need to lighten up. I can see why alot of people left this forum and went to others places after newer people joined. sheesh.

Sp00ks 12-12-2013 07:13 PM

While I agree with selzer 100%. Some of them were still funny as ****. Especially the last one.

GSDlover143 12-12-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmaria (Post 4662754)
Some people just need to lighten up. I can see why alot of people left this forum and went to others places after newer people joined. sheesh.

Right people need to lighten up big time

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

gsdsar 12-12-2013 08:10 PM

Very funny. I wish I would have thought if it years ago with my last boy Ike. The amount if crud that dog destroyed!!!! Best dog ever.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

selzer 12-12-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmaria (Post 4662754)

You're right, especially those people who criticise other people by saying they are the reason people leave the forum. It is hard to point the finger without implicating yourself, really.

We are all newer people to some folks, but my girls are eight and I joined before they were born, so I have seen a lot of folks come and go. Lived through the ownership changes, and the politics threads, and all of that. If people are going to go because I find a video not funny. Then go.

And it is hard to draw attention to anything that is not popular without getting people to say you have to lighten up.

I got more crap for discussing the danger of balloons when someone posted a vid with their dog playing with a balloon. Not everyone knows that balloons kill kids. I know someone who's niece died that way. But I should lighten up and not let anyone know that is dangerous. And the folks that bring up the dangers of laser pointers -- lighten up, don't let people know what might happen. It's funny! Good grief.

Yep, if you post an opinion about something not being funny and why, you will be told that you are the reason people leave.

Harry and Lola 12-12-2013 10:22 PM

Don't apologize for putting up the video, I'm glad you did. I found it really cute and funny but also I felt sorry for the dogs. However, all these dogs looked well loved and cared for.

OUbrat79 12-12-2013 10:24 PM

I think they are funny. In most of them the person is talking normal to the dog. I'm pretty sure most dogs in this video know why they are in trouble.

I had a boxer who when we weren't home would sneak up on our couch, a big no no. As soon as we would walk in the door he would look at us with this guilty look and then look at the couch. I would go over and feel the couch and sure enough it would be warm where he had been sitting. If he hadn't been on the couch he would act normal. He always told on himself. I never got on to him but it always made me laugh.