German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Follow-up from (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/)
-   -   3 yr old GSD,ND, 8 days left,He has agression issues, & bite history (pts) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/follow-up/456745-3-yr-old-gsd-nd-8-days-left-he-has-agression-issues-bite-history-pts.html)

tsm1002 06-03-2014 04:42 PM

3 yr old GSD,ND, 8 days left,He has agression issues, & bite history (pts)

I'm had to re home my 3 yr old B&T Male fixed Shepard. He is solely a 1 person dog. I live in MI, and found him a home in ND, with a young man that is in the military. I thought it was a great fit, and he seemed to care. however he has roomates, and now his roommate was bit, 15 stiches. He was going to put him down, but now has to wait the 10 days, says he still will, but Im trying to make a last effort for him, hoping their is a real person out there that truly understands this situation. I did have him once talked into flying him back, however I don't have anywhere I can keep him more then a few days.. this is heart wrenching, since he got along fine with his new owner. I don't know if I can find someone or if he really should be pts. :(

Jax08 06-03-2014 04:48 PM

IMO, after reading your previous posts regarding this dog attacking a child and now a bite that needed 15 stitches, the dog needs to be euthanized.

huntergreen 06-03-2014 07:23 PM

have to agree with jax, sorry.

huntergreen 06-03-2014 07:24 PM

although, maybe there is a gsd rescue near new owner that might be of help, but i doubt it.

gsdsar 06-03-2014 07:30 PM

Agree.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

glowingtoadfly 06-03-2014 08:19 PM

Is there any way that you could be with him at the end if the euthanasia goes forwards? I\'m sorry.

The Packman 06-04-2014 01:49 AM

You did the best you could.

tsm1002 06-04-2014 10:33 AM

it would cost me 400 to drive back out there. it doesn\'t quite feel like I did the best I could, since Harley got along with his new owner, but the kid didn\'t listen that Harley wasn\'t ready to mingle with all these roomates, he told me they were moving out and Harley would be kept away from them, for the most part. Harley came with a muzzle. He knew he needed training first.

Brando & Julietta\'s Dad 06-04-2014 01:28 PM

It sounds like your heart tells you to go pick him up because you think he could make it in a more ideal situation. It seems this young man put Harley in a situation with roomates that Harley was not ready for. I think Harley could have a good life with the right handler but its going to take some more effort on your part to acheive this. tI have seen many shepherds that are one person dogs and they are handled that way and do fine. I have also seen many one person shepherds that over time became more accepting of strangers and much less of a liability. It takes time, training and love. I wish the best for you in the very difficult time.

Jax08 06-04-2014 01:32 PM

Who is the breeder of this dog?